Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ferret Tubes for Ramps

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Hello! I am about to be a first time piggie owner (in a couple months) and am getting the materials together to construct my first C&C cage. I'm getting a lot of good information off of reading the forums, and a lot of good ideas from the picture galleries. But I have a question:

Are the ferret tubes sold at pet stores appropriate to use for ramps to connect first and second levels of my new cage?

If you have no clue what I'm talking about here's a link: (broken link removed)

Thanks!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I think they would be fine. You might want to check and see what size the opening is though. If it's less than 4", try something different, so your piggies don't get stuck. If you want to use tubing, you can also try the black drainage tubing that you can get in home improvement stores.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
I wonder if my pigs would play in that contraption there? Not to be used as ramps (not here, anyway) but as a play structure in the cage? Do you think the squeak pigs would get a kick outta that or what?

pennick

Cavy Slave
I went to home depot when I first got my piggies and bought some of those L pipes, similar to tubes and hated them. They use to urinate and poop in them and then sit in it and it was gross. Lots of poop and urine to clean.

kavykritter

Cavy Slave
That's what I used for the ramp for my pig's cage, and he likes it just fine, but it took him a couple of days to get used to it.The biggest problem was that at first, I had it at too steep an angle, so you just want to get some of the straight tubing, and give it a long run to make it not too much of angle. PS Once he got used to it, he liked it so much that I got him some to play in and what not, and I just put it in the cage and he LOVES it.

Amber23

Cavy Slave
I use those tubes for my ramp. They work very well. My pigs love to poop in them though so I have to clean them about everyday. They are easy to clean though since they come apart. Here is a pic of what it looks like, sorry I don't have a close up.

Smitti

Cavy Slave
How is the tub attached to the grids? I cant really see how you have done it, or is it just kinda sitting there?

Amber23

Cavy Slave
Im at work so I can't take a better pic. The tubes have holes in them, I have a ziptie through the hole and tied to the cubes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.