PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 rabbits

bunnyluv17
03-05-06, 11:28 am
It's almost unbelievable...
http://network.bestfriends.org/greatbunnyrescue/news/1856.html

naturestee
03-05-06, 02:30 pm
I know a woman on a different rabbit chat site that is somewhat involved in this (her rescue got called, but the buns are several states away) and I guess the estimate is more like 1,500 now. I may be wrong. This is too much to believe. I don't know how they'll rehome all those rabbits!

Chloƫ-Jasmine
03-05-06, 11:05 pm
That is soo unbelievable. It's kind of sad that the lady's good deeds got turned into such a mess because of inconsiderate people. I'm glad their trying to help, I was afraid it was going to be a news article, not a rescue one.

BabyGrl
03-09-06, 01:17 am
HOly crap! That is the craziest thing ever. I hope they can get something done about that. Wow.

SuzieQ33
03-16-06, 11:11 pm
I am not a member of that network, But I live here in Reno. Can someone tell me who to contact to help out?

SuzieQ33
03-16-06, 11:26 pm
I joined the list there but still cant find out how to help out. So if anyone knows whos organizing the local end of the rescue please let me know.

bunnyluv17
03-17-06, 09:18 pm
Here is the link to volunteer:http://network.bestfriends.org/Campaigns/Tabs/RenoVolunteers.aspx?g=4D342478DC6E4747944EFA3CC367 A193

Best Friends animal sanctuary is organizing the rescue.

SuzieQ33
03-18-06, 12:58 am
I submited a vol application.

SuzieQ33
03-26-06, 11:29 pm
I was at the Bunnie Rescue today, It was the hardest three hours Ive ever spent. My whole body is sore. But it was very rewarding.

SuzieQ33
03-26-06, 11:29 pm
I was at the Bunnie Rescue today, It was the hardest three hours Ive ever spent. My whole body is sore. But it was very rewarding.

bunnyluv17
03-27-06, 07:22 pm
That's awesome, I bet they really appreciated the help!

charliesangel88
03-29-06, 10:04 pm

So what did you do to help out? I've been following this Bunny rescue since the moment I heard about it. I want to help so bad but I live so far away. I wish I could adopt also, but the distance and my mum are in my way :sad:

xxx

SuzieQ33
03-31-06, 01:42 pm
So what did you do to help out? I've been following this Bunny rescue since the moment I heard about it. I want to help so bad but I live so far away. I wish I could adopt also, but the distance and my mum are in my way :sad:

xxx

I stuffed hay into plastic tubs that had holes cut in them for rabbit hiddyhouses, filled water tubs, carried large bags of feed, and also put feed in cages. The filling the water tubs was I think the most strenous work as the hose was soooooooo long and pulling it to the different cages was a real work out. The sad thing is as much as I love animals and want to be around them I am alergic to animal dander. And being around the hundreds of bunnies ended up giving me the worst migrane I have had ever monday night. :( So I cant go back. I will try and see if I can raise some awareness at work and get some other folks out there in my place and see if I can get some money raised or even get some items to donate to them.

lilliesmomma
04-05-06, 08:03 am
Hi SuzyQ33,

I have 2 buns who I love dearly. I have always had a slight allergy to animal dander but it never stopped me from owning or growing up with cats, dogs, rabbits, etc...

At the end of last year I became pregnant and that all changed. I began wheezing and having problems with my throat closing. This made me very sad that I could no longer hold or take care of my buns. :(

I went to the pharmacy and bought rubber gloves and a medical mask. It is the type of mask that has a hepa filter in it. Now I can take care of the buns! If I need to hold them or I do a deep clean of their cage I wear some old clothes on top of my clothes and a shower cap. When I am done with the rabbits I strip off the exposed clothing, throw out the gloves and put the mask aside for next time. If needed I also take a shower to wash off the dander as well. It depends on how messy the clean up was.

Just thought I would give you the suggestion as I know you want to help.