Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n I ate meat....

Binas Cavys

Cavy Slave
I ate some porkchops and I couldent stop... I am almost to tears. I guess I will start again when my will power is stronger but just not now...

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
Thats okay bina, it is hard to be a vegetarian but when you do get ready I am sure you will do well! It wasn't very hard for me I just decided to be a vegetarian and never ate another peice of meat, but I have never really been into eating alot of meat so that helped.

Last edited:

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
I know how you feel. It's Lent right now and I gave up meat. Not only did I give up meat, but it's a FRIDAY! The one day you're not supposed to eat meat in Lent and I ate a sausage. I feel terrible.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
I find if you visualise the animal and not see it as food but as a baby pig you wont want to eat it. Just think about what it went through its whole life.

Its fine if you slip up, it happens to the best of us ((hugs)) dont worry too much about it!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I had several slip ups on the way but like fluffball said, I started to visualise the meat as an animal. That helped me lots and now I havn't touched the stuff for about a year

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
Picture a dead animal laying there and you won't want to eat it!

muffin

Cavy Slave
Don't feel bad. It's natural for your body to crave nutrients it isn't getting. Maybe you aren't getting enough protein so it is making you crave meat? It also takes a while to train your appetite out of liking the smell of meat-a lot of vegetarians say they can resist anything except bacon. Appetite is very powerful. Don't feel bad. Even by partly turning vegetarian you are already making a big difference. It also takes a while to learn how to get everything you need from your food when you don't eat meat. I haven't figured it out yet! Please don't feel like you've failed. Very few people can cut meat out totally straight away, for lots of different reasons. I'm so proud of you for taking the first step and trying! Have another go when you are ready. It is hard, and pressuring yourself will make it harder, so try not to worry. You are most definitely not alone!

Binas Cavys

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for your support.

chinnymom

Cavy Slave
Don't worry about it hun. I've slipped up twice since the beginning of the year (that was my new year's resolution: to become a vegetarian). Luckily the first time, I ate beef tips and got stomach cramps so bad, I realized it definately wasn't worth and the second time, I ordered boneless chicken pieces and they were burnt so they didn't even taste good. *SIGH* Definately not worth it and I feel healthier without the meat. My saving grace: Boca Burgers!

SandyF

Cavy Slave
Yay, Boca Burgers! I gave up meat almost 7 years ago, but I had to do it gradually. First, red meat; then pork; then chicken. After 6 or 7 months, I was finally meat-free except for occasional fish. Now, I'm lacto-veg, but working on giving up dairy. My goal is to eventually be vegan. Just hang in there...you can do it!

Binas Cavys

Cavy Slave
Thanks Sandy and Chinny. Your support is greatly appriciated.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
It's ok to slip a few times in the beginning. I found that after about 5 days, it was so easy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.