Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Rabbit is losing fur in blotches, Do you know WHY?

Pig-pig

Cavy Slave
I have a Wrex rabbit, he is possibly 2 or 3 years old and is litter box trained, he has roam of our home. Unfortunately today (28feb2006) we noticed blotches of fur missing near his tail on his back(does that make sense?). He is shedding a little more than normal, Is this because of season/climate changes?We are extremely concerned. Please, all information is gladly considered.

LovesCavies

Cavy Slave
Are you feeding Ice berg Lettuce ? Sometimes when overfed Ice berg, they won't eat enough of anything of food value. They will neglect their pellets and gorge on the lettuce which is mostly water. And become almost malnourished. I would probaly call a vet too.

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
It could be that he is just shedding more than normal. Does he have bald patches? Do you have any other rabbits that could be pulling his fur out?

naturestee

Cavy Slave
Has he ever looked like this before? Rexes do sometimes get bald patches during their shedding. If he has dandruff, irritated looking skin, or scratching along with it, it might be mites and he'd need a vet visit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.