Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

angie_paul

Cavy Slave
i am being harassed by other members including a motorator. make it stop!:mad:

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I've read through all the posts you've made, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see the harassment. This site is made up of very passionate, pro-rescue, anti-breeding members; naturally they - and I - are quiet concerned when we hear of someone who keeps a male and female guinea pig and does not specify that one of the two is "fixed."

Despite your assertions that you know what you are doing, your defensiveness and reluctance to answer simple questions makes everyone suspicious. We're all anxious to help prevent the deliberate creation of more guinea pigs; hopefully you can understand that.

Also, no one on this forum will be willing to re-home a loved guinea pig to you without more information about you, your current pigs, your knowledge base, and your current situation. It's unfortunate you view this information gathering as harassment; rather, you should be *glad* that some people take the rehoming of their pets seriously enough to ensure that they are going to a good home.

angie_paul

Cavy Slave
It might be understandable if I were told that they may have one. That way I am allowed to ask questions about their guneia pig. at this point I am not allowed to ask questions since I am not told of a gp. That is unfair. When a person is looking for an animal they should also have the right to ask questions. They are the one's bring this animal into their home. So untill I see that they have a MALE guneia pig it is still harassment.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
That's pretty skewed logic. You are the one making a request of other people; you want a guinea pig. No responsible guinea pig owner is going to suggest his/her guinea pig to you unless they know enough to be assured that you are also a responsible owner. Refusing to answer questions about your current guinea pig situation looks suspicious, as does your defensiveness in regards to discussing your situation.

The questions you have been asked have all been asked in a reasonable way; unfortunately, I haven't seen any reasonable answers coming from you. If you have no desire to breed your guinea pigs and do, in fact, have at least one altered animal, I don't understand your reluctance to answer a few questions about yourself and your guinea pigs.

No one will stop you from asking all the questions you want. You can also take some initiative upon yourself and search through the adoptables section for male guinea pigs, rather than waiting for someone to reply to you; however, you're still going to have to account for your current situation before any *responsible* owner will re-home their loved guinea pig to you.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Since I'm the moderator in question, I'm going to reply. You were never harassed. You were questioned.

First, I sent you a Private Message guiding you to the thread with the rules of this forum. You were very quick to begin posting properly, so thank you for that.

Second, as far as your thread in the Adoptables section goes, all anyone did was try to clarify your situation, how many pigs you already have and what the housing arrangements would be for them. You said you had a male and a female that you have in a cage with a divider, so there would be no problems. That leads me, and I'm sure many other people to think that both of the pigs are fertile, and I wanted to make sure that you were not going to be breeding them as this is an anti-breeding forum. It wasn't until after you were questioned on this, that you mentioned that your sow had been spayed. You still have not answered the logical question as to why the divider is in the cage at all if there is no chance of the sow getting pregnant.

Whether or not anyone has a guinea pig that they are looking to rehome, it's a rarity that anyone on here who cares about their animals would be willing to give them over or even give information about them without the interested person answering a few basic questions. You were not willing to do that when I, as well as other forum members asked them. You stated that it was unfair for you not to be able to ask questions about a guinea pig because you were not told of one. Is it any less fair for you not to answer questions ahead of time when all anyone is trying to do is make sure an animal is going to a good home?

I'm sorry if you feel that you were being harassed, but that is simply not the case.

angie_paul

Cavy Slave
no you are all being unreasonalable! go to :censored: and thake you forum with you and take my membership and shuve it up your :censored: . hows that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
That actually is extremely childish. No one has asked anything even slightly unreasonible of you. If you feel it's unreasonible to be concerned about the environment an animal is going to be homed in, that's your issue, but asking questions to make sure an animal is going to the best home possible is never unreasonible.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
angie_paul, you are being banned for a week for unnecessary cursing out of moderators on this forum. Your attitude stinks. If you return with this same attitude, this moderator NOT "motorator" (whatever the heck a motorator is) will permanently ban your behind.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Someone certainly has a temper ...

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
She doesn't have a temper you :censored:ing piece of :censored:! You should just:censored: off!

hehehe

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
Cute VJ... You are a funny 'motorator'... I'm not gonna poke at this too much or I'm gonna get myself into trouble.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I would think it would be painful to "shuve" a membership up my :censored: . Then again I am not sure I know how to shuve. Better check with the plonkers on this one.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
You're highly mistaken Chloe! I'm the motorator, not VJ!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Someone certainly has a temper ...

Me??? Never deary.

I just don't much care for :censored: members. You may insert the word of your own choice for the censored icon. If you let one person get away with that kind of crap, the next thing you know a whole bunch of people will be doing it. I let no one get away with that kind of crap. It's very, very unnecessary and uncalled for to curse people out.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Of course not you, goof ball ... the :censored: idiot who posted all the :censored: curse words in the first place.

Silly Ly - how could you think I meant you? :)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Duh me. I thought you meant I had a temper for banning said person. I sorry I misunderstood who you were talking about Susan.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
No biggie. Just don't let it happen again. (just kidding, of course!)

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
You people are all so :censored:ing weird.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
That's why you love us so :censored:ing much!

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
You are all having too much fun----Get back to work! hee-hee

Status
Not open for further replies.