Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia ACS Display at pet expo coming up on the 18th feb

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to do a quicky post for any Brisbane/QLD guinea pig owners to let you know that ACS ( Australian Cavy Sanctuary ) will be holding a good sized display at the CABOOLTURE PET EXPO on the 18th February ( next saturday ). It is being held at the caboolture showgrounds. It's going to be a huge event and Dr Harry will be their aswell as other guest speaks and many many pet stalls and displays.

We'll be selling a range of products with personalised artworks on them ranging from coasters, badges, bumper stickers, piggy pipes and pouches, framed photos and we will have some piggies and lots of information and C@C cages with us on the day.
We have a wonderful team of volunteers that will be there on the day who I can't thank enough for their time and support of guinea pig awareness in Australia and of the sanctuary.

Anyhow just wanted to make a post for anyone interested in popping along:eek:ptimist:

*~jess~*

lol_adel

Cavy Slave
It's not fair I'm always too far away to go to these sorts of things :sad: .

I hope everything goes as planned for you ❤️ .

xx=Lolo=xx

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Dr Harry! My pin-up! Ew, no.
But Dr Harry's there? Oooh, I really want to go! Is it on Sunday as well? I can't go on Saturday...:(

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
LOL for some reason I've always wanted to meet Dr harry aswell...since I was little i thin because i used to be an addict to his show when i was younger...

Umm nah it's only on Saturday it starts at 9am and finished at 3pm.

I'm really looking forward to this one because we'll have our first range of products there and piggy artwork and the whole thing will just be alot more professional and well run than the norm. We'll have 7 piggies with us setup in grid displays and lots of info on guinea pig welfare etc...anyhow fingers crossed it'll be a good day...

Pity it's not on two days as I was thinking that myself...that some people may be busy on saturdays and sunday would have been better...

I'll try get lots of piccies hehe:rolleyes:

*~jess~*

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
We have a pet expo in Richmond, VA that day as well, but it doesn't look like anything about guinea pigs from what I've seen in the ads, but I could be wrong. If I can convince my brother to go out there with me, I'd like to go. Definitely get us pics of your booth, setups, lovely piggies, and especially yourself. We'd all LOVE to see them!

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Oooh, I want a Dr Harry t-shirt!! I wish I could go.

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hey Guys,

Basically it was quite a shock to arrive to find an area quite an amount smaller than we had expected with these HUGE tables...when i was told " trestle tables " i assumed they were your normal 1.8metre by 70cm ones. Somehow we all all worked together and got everything setup and still had room for all of us! It definitely did still look appealing and actually what worked very well was the fact that those that participated in the display itself seemed to arrive and leave to help just as someone else arrived/left.
The weather...well we won't go there it was just dreadful and hot and by the afternoon the people and the pigs had just about had enough of it I think...The guinea pigs did have us worried by the avo and I had to buy cold cans of drinks for the guinea pigs to lie on/lick. Anyhow they're all fine now they had air con in the car all the way home. Another surprise was that the arena floor was DIRT! so yes umm...very interesting flooring...
Coincidentally our display ended up right beside the RSPCA's display aswell.
It did get a very good turnout it was very crowded all day long.
I'd like to personally thank all the volunteers that helped today at the display honestly they deserve a medal they were so well presented and professional and really did a fantastic job and I think we all know that without the support of volunteers for these displays, that they just couldn't run or run efficiently.

We were quite surprised by some comments made by the public throughout the day and some of the descriptions people would give of their own animals...I think it showed just how much good guinea pig knowledge and awareness is needed and showed exactly why we exist and why these is still so much room for us to expand. You wouldn't believe one woman left us gobsmacked she just walks up to us and sais " what are they good for? " and repeatedly said this sentence till we answered....she was so rude and before i said something horrible back I just said " technical " answers...I don't understand why she was at a pet fair...I mean what are all domestic pets good for?...it was such a stupid question!

Anyhow enough rambling! PICS!
Warning there's ALOT hehe
Setting up...

A lady from the public with her dog and one of the volunteers checking out Alliyah ( the cream piggy ).

Treat bags and stuff

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
William and Sin Wagon ( his friend ) were in a three grid by one grid long cage setup on towels.

More stuff...

Info desk

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
There's piggies amongst this hay somewhere! Four pet shorthair girls Marigold, Glitzy Gal, Candika and Miss Anne.

William showing off in one of the new snooz-e-tubes...he was showing off all day long Mr William was.

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Sin Wagon! scores a cuddle. Black/Gold Coronet boy.

Saphra ( sheltie ) also scores a cuddle with Jenny one of our volunteers.

Too cute!

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
crowd pics...

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
I caught him!!!! Dr Harry! Signing autographs! I didn't get one though the line was too long.

What's this mob up to!?!

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Doing tricks and showing off on a stage that's what!

Someone's been overgroomed....hehe

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
One of our volunteers 'Holly' speaking to members of the public.

Now it dosn't get much cuter than this! A lady wanted a photo of her daughter with Alliyah. I couldn't resist so took pics aswell.

Do you think Alliyah needs to lay off the grain mix a tad?

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
RSPCA stall.

A horrible hobbyfarm setup outside...free admission and was packed with kids. Animals were walking around in hte horrible heat being chased by kids and stressing out. All on dirt with no food or water the entire day ( that i saw ). GRRRR I've never liked these farms and wish they'd close them all down.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Aww, I wish I was there. Too far for me. :(
I would have stayed in line all day for Dr Harry!! :D

How did the pigs do on the way up? No stress mites or anything? They're so cute! I love Alliyah. My brother always wanted a blonde pig.

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hey Guys,

Yeah the pigs went very well on the way up. When we got home they were spoilt with extra munchies hehe.
Alliyah really is a poser and a GUTS! I love her to pieces:cheerful:

So far our next display is set up for July so I'll post some info when the time gets closer just incase anyone wants to pop along.

*~jess~*

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Is it going to be in Caboolture again? I really would like to go!

Tell me if you need volunteers, I'd really love to do something!

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hey:)

Umm this one will be at Samford and will be held at an agricultural show all going to plan. They are very keen to have us there I can't say enough how gorgeous the atmosphere is at this particular event the entire setting is between the mountains its just so lovely. Samford is located probably right in the centre of where we live which is Cashmere and Arana Hills and Mt Glorious. It's hard to explain where it is but it's about 10 minutes from us it's not as far as caboolture. If all goes to plan, because we've gotten in so early for this one we're looking to organise something to be printed in the local paper beforehand such as a possible fancy dress on the day...in saying this we're still working on exactly " what " it'll be but it'll have to be something that'll be not stressful for the animals, that will get people involved, and that will be safe.

It'd be lovely if you'd like to volunteer. I'll definitely let everyone know atleast a month in advance this time so those that would like to come and help out on the day can have a chance to organise their routines so that they can. We'll definitely be looking for a great team of volunteers again probably 4-5 again like last time. So far two people definitely want to volunteer that I know of so yeah any help you can give or if you want to help out in some of the organising even that'd be fantastic!:cheerful: . I'll send you a private message closer to the time if you like???

There will be a couple of other displays later in the year although this ones the next upcoming.

Thanks for asking
Jess

We'll also have lots of space to work with at this particular show so i won't be all cramped in like the last one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.