Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Meat substitutes

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone. I'm considering going vegetarian or at least significantly cutting back on how much meat I eat. No matter which I decide to do, I want to significantly cut back on the amount of processed foods I eat. Which brings me to my question. I like the meat subsitutes that MorningStar Farms and Boca make. However, they are obviously processed. Would this be an exception to processed foods, or is it just as unhealthy? For example, bread is obviously processed but if I eat the whole wheat variety that would be okay. Thanks for any input!

Many of the vegetarians/vegans here eat the Morningstar Farms and Boca products. With breads, the only thing I know to tell you would be to look at the ingredients list before purchasing.

Unless you want to prepare everything you eat yourself, I expect you'll be hard pressed to find packaged food that isn't processed in some form or fashion. Like Ly said, check your ingredients. You can usually find packaged things that have fewer chemicals and additives in them. You might also want to check natural food stores or organic groceries. I know the ones near me make and sell their own salads, pasta sauces, and even veggie burgers and loaves that are all natural.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.