Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Advice please!

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
Firstly, I hope its okay to ask my question in this forum - maybe it should be in cages. I am after some advice regarding our set up. We have two sisters in a 2 x 5 c & c cage - full fleece bottom. Hay rack is suspended over a small litter box at one end and their pellet bowl and vegie bowl and water supply is also down the same end. At the opposite end we have a large tray/bed (like an oversized litter tray) which fits the width of 2 cubes perfectly. We use Breeders Choice litter in this (which is made from recycled paper) and the girls have a pigloo in the tray that they usually are quite happy to sleep in together.

My problem is though, when one - usually Honey who is always so sweet - decides to hog the pigloo the other still like to hop in the tray and snuggles up next to the pigloo!

Should we try and fit in another separate hidey house/bed? They do also have some pipe tunnels on the fleece area, but don't like to use these for a big rest. My problem is working out where to put another pigloo - because they seem to spend a lot of time in there - sleeping and just chilling out - they do deposit lots of waste which is why we have the main pigloo in the tray at the moment and I want to avoid taking up too much room for them to run around and enjoy life!

Hope you can help with some ideas. Glenda

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
What about if you got the x-large pigloo that fits two piggies?

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
Thank you Weaver - we had thought about a bigger pigloo or similar item, but it seems to be more about giving the girls their own separate space rather than just more space together - I guess just like us, we like to chill out on our own occasionally.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
How about removing the tunnels and just putting them out for floor time? That way, you'll have room for another pigloo or hidey house, and everyone has her own space.

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
Thank you Percy's Mum - we are going to try a few different ideas and maybe add a 2 x 1 loft with a separate pigloo up there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.