Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hamster wheels

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know of any good silent hamster wheels? I am thinking of builing a C&C cage for my hamster and I would be putting her in my room, so I would like it silent.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I can tell you that hamster wheels need to be solid and no wires where they can get their feet trapped. If it's a little noisy try putting a little oil on it where the wheel spins.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I wish I could remember the brand of my wheel, but my mind is drawing a blank. Ditto to what Ly said about it being solid. Look for a sturdy plastic wheel with smooth curved edges. You'll be less likely to have any injured hammies.

TabithaTwitchit

Cavy Slave
I have a hamster in my room and I forget the brand of wheel I have, but it's not solid (though solid is best, if you can get it). I know I got it at Wal-Mart, it's plastic, it's very silent, and it comes in blue and silver. I used to have Siberian Dwarf Hamsters, and they can get their feet trapped in a wheel, but my Syrian Hamster does fine with her wheel.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Super Pet makes the 'Silent Spinner' and it comes in all sizes.

Macayle
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
jdomans said:
Super Pet makes the 'Silent Spinner' and it comes in all sizes.

Yes, that is so true.... It was rather expensive wheel but the best 8 bucks spent on a wheel with no noise. My boyfriend is not at all happy with squeaky wheels so I spent the extra money on it. I don't hear Hogan at all when he's running on the wheel.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Wodent wheels are my favorite. They can't get hurt in them, they can't fall out of them, and so long as you put a little mineral oil or similar on the axle they are as silent as any other wheel out there. It's the only wheel Kiri can run in without falling out or getting injured in some way. (broken link removed)

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
Those wheels are cool! But I already bought the Silent Spinner which works great!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.