Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties rat bedding

wierdo4life

Cavy Slave
I currently use aspen shavings for my rat cages. But the shavings are getting everywhere and are driving my mother crazy. I use fleece for my guinea pigs but I didn't know if that would work as well for rats. Also I thought carefresh might be better as it doesn't seem to get everywhere like shavings, but I don't want to rush out and buy either things without knowing if they work for rats. So in your opinion, what is the best bedding to use for rats, besides wood shavings? thanks

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
I use aspen, but I have high walls on their cage. With my experience with rats, they would probably chew the fleece and make it pretty usless. I would go for carefresh, but that's only an opinion.

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Yes fleece would get chewed and Holey pretty quick. I also use carefresh and find that they kick it out less than aspen because it is in bigger pieces.

Last edited:

l_eris_l

Cavy Slave
I use Carefresh too. My rattie loves it and she pushes it into a pretty sturdy mound to make herself a nest. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.