Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How long should playtime be?

guinea22006

Cavy Slave
How many time's should you play with you piggie's. Also how much time do you play with them when you are playing with them?

Denise

Cavy Slave
It's ok to play with them a couple of times a day. I play with mine for about 10 minutes or so them put them away so they don't pee on me. That seems about all the time they want, and I stay dry.

guinea22006

Cavy Slave
I pet mine for about 5 minutes then he starts to walk away so I let him roam for about 5 minutes

Maggie

Cavy Slave
I watch TV with them prob. at most 20 min. with them on my lap, towel carefully positioned below and folded. There's been numerous times when as soon as their butt goes over the edge of the towel: they pee on me, or my bed. It's always when I'm in the line of fire, never on the towel! Well, ok, the towel mostly works.

guinea22006

Cavy Slave
Lucky for me none of my guinea's have ever went on me!

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
I cut open a door in the coroplast so whenever we're home, mine get to free-roam around my apartment. So they get to play together all day and I generally just watch and talk to them when they get active.

Giplet

Cavy Slave
I have a temporary run downstairs that I put up in the evenings. It's the same sort of size as the cage, but I think it's nice for them to have a change of scenery. They're genreally downstairs for about 5 hours and when I'm watching TV, I'll have Misty on my lap for as long as she wants to be there. She tends to let me know if she wants to go pee.

Maggie

Cavy Slave
nonamian_girl said:
I cut open a door in the coroplast so whenever we're home, mine get to free-roam around my apartment. So they get to play together all day and I generally just watch and talk to them when they get active.
There's too many places for my piggies to hide where I'll never find them ever again in my house! I let them run around the bathroom during floor time. But that must be fun to have them running around like little puppies. lol:love:

smileyface cavy

Cavy Slave
I take my pigger out for 20 or 30 minutes twice a day. He often pees though. :yuck:

Ball Lightning

Cavy Slave
They get around 1 hour per cavy, well, every day when it's possible to play in their pen. When I take them to pet, I get around 5 minutes before both guys start pulling my clothes with their teeth. I get the choice: having to buy new clothes because of numerous hooks, or playing some more minutes with the cavies :)

Maggie

Cavy Slave
I hold them for about 10-15 minutes, but then they start getting wild and squirming so I let them have another half hour of floor time. It's funny because they run laps around the bathroom.

tattooyu

Cavy Slave
We take our boys out almost every day in their playpen for about 1-2 hours. We put their igloos in the pen if they get tired, and we have a second water bottle if they get thirsty. We hold them for a few minutes before putting them back.

The playpen is roughly a 3x5 grid fence (the cage is a 2x4). I made it with extra grids connected together by zip ties, which allow it to be accordioned and put away. The two open ends are held together with binder clips when assembled.

The bottom of the pen is a mattress pad and then a fleece blanket on top.

Maggie

Cavy Slave
I don't have anything to build them a pen with, so I clean up the bathroom, block of the toilet, put down a blanket, veggies, and hay, and let them run around.

bromers

Cavy Slave
I hold him about for 1 hour throughtout the day. I think that 1 hour of the day for running about isnt enough I think as much as possable is the best. Bromley is out from anything to 4 hours a day if I am in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.