Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Scandinavia Help!

solsjenitsyn

Cavy Slave
Hej!
A couple of days ago I "only" had 9 pigs. But then, a lady knocked on my door and said that her friend had four pigs that she couldn't look after anymore, and she wondered if I would like to take care of them. Slave to the pig as I am, I couldn't refuse, so now I have 13 pigs..
This means that I need to build a bigger cage. Now, it seems as if there aren't a lot of people writing here in the Scandinavian part of the forum, but if anyone knows where I can buy material to make a cage (it's best if the place that sells it is in Lund, Malmö, Helsingborg or somewhere nearby) pleeease help me!
:melodrama

_Anja_

Cavy Slave
Have you looked for cubes in Rusta?

solsjenitsyn

Cavy Slave
_Anja_ said:
Have you looked for cubes in Rusta?

No, I haven't, but I heard that they don't sell them anymore.
I'll check it out and then I'll write again :)

cough

Cavy Slave
solsjenitsyn said:
Hej!
A couple of days ago I "only" had 9 pigs. But then, a lady knocked on my door and said that her friend had four pigs that she couldn't look after anymore, and she wondered if I would like to take care of them. Slave to the pig as I am, I couldn't refuse, so now I have 13 pigs..
This means that I need to build a bigger cage. Now, it seems as if there aren't a lot of people writing here in the Scandinavian part of the forum, but if anyone knows where I can buy material to make a cage (it's best if the place that sells it is in Lund, Malmö, Helsingborg or somewhere nearby) pleeease help me!
:melodrama

Hi!
I don't know whether you already have a C&C-cage or not, but if you need a new cage I suggest you to look for the ELFA-grids at CoopForum. They are located at the shelving department. I bought mine at CoopForum in Burlöv. They work really well, and there are a lot of different sizes. My cage https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=4682 measures 121x60 + 40x60 cm, and it cost me about 900 SEK.
For the bottom of the cage I used "kanalplast", and though it's very good, it's extremely expensive (1500-2500 SEK/square meter - I was lucky, my father works with it) and very hard to work with. I completely destroyed my hands while making it. A very much easier and cheaper alternative for kanalplast is linoleum. This is not as firm as kanalplast, but it should work anyway.
I hope your piggies will get a nice home. It would be fun to talk to you - you seem to know a lot about cavies and we live really close to each other. ^-^
/Annelie (from Åkarp)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.