Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Timothy Hay.....Pig nip?

dark_rose27

Cavy Slave
I went out today and got some timothy hay for my pigs. They have never had it before. (I know I am a bad mommy) Well the females ate it all up, said thanks and went to sleep. The boys on the other hand, ate it, and started playing like a couple of nuts! They were running and jumping, tossing toys, sprinting, talking up a storm. The youngest male started crawling on top of his turned over food dish and jumping of it like a camando.

It just reminded me of when our cats get nip. Just woundering if timothy hay acts like pig nip for anyone else?

Eolith

Cavy Slave
Well I sincerely doubt that it actually has any narcotic effects. It's just dried grass. They were probably just overjoyed to get it. ;)

pennick

Cavy Slave
I agree with Eolith. Hay does make a happy piggy. Mine scream for theirs when their hay bin is empty. When they hear the bag they start running around the cage like nuts.

tattooyu

Cavy Slave
Mine wheek a little for food when they hear the plastic bags and water. But, when they hear me going into the hay box...

OH MY GOODNESS! You would think that the world was about to end!!! And then...

Super crazy jumping lap-running hyper pigs!

:crazy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.