PDA

View Full Version : Hay racks very cheap!

Macayle
01-14-06, 10:47 pm
I was at walmart today buying hay and I saw they had these things called 'Mini snack and suet basket'.They look like they are made of grids.There are three sizes, small medium and large. Small was about $1.99,Medium is 3.99 and large is 5.00. They open at the top to put hay in.They are really to hang in trees for birds so they come with a type of bird treat that is suppose to go in it but I just threw that out.

Percy's Mom
01-15-06, 04:04 pm
I have one of those. I fill it up with cilantro and other veggies every once in a while. It's quite amusing watching Percy walk in circles trying to pull stuff out of it.

fourbwabbys
01-15-06, 04:07 pm
I'll look for that when I go tomorrow. My pigs hayrack is too small and needs refilling often. Hopefully, that will be better.

Percy's Mom
01-15-06, 04:10 pm
Check with bird supplies. The one I have is green and has a chain that loops over a wire on the top of the cage, so you kind of need a lid on your cage to use it as designed. I would imagine if you remove the chain, you could cable tie it to the side of your cage as well. I let mine hang, so it doubles as a toy.

jdomans
01-15-06, 04:27 pm
Look in my gallery and you will see it. I have one and love it.

kittnkarr
01-15-06, 05:17 pm
I have one as well for the boys and they have a blast with it. Makes them get their exercise while trying to eat hay since they need to reach for it.

I am going to get one of those for my little girl as well.

Macayle
01-15-06, 06:09 pm
I just hung mine on the side.

Ly&Pigs
01-15-06, 10:31 pm
I have a new hayrack. It's from Wal-Mart and it's a under the shelf hanging basket. It hooked onto the grids very easily and is large enough for quite a bit of hay and hangs high enough that the pigs can't jump into it. I loved my suspended hanging bowed grid hayrack but the girls kept jumping in it and causing it to fall off the S hooks. I didn't want anyone to get hurt and they lost one of the hooks.

JennG
01-15-06, 11:21 pm
I use the under the shelf hanging basket, too. I have holes in my coroplast where it fits in there. I like it because it holds alot of hay. When Coco was younger, she could fit in the larger holes and would sit in there and eat. She'd give the other girls a look to say, "nahnahbooboo, I can fit in and you can't."