Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hoarder dies in Brooklyn New York, pigs need help

Critter Connect

Cavy Slave
Here we go again. Got an email today from one of my rescue friends in New York City, a hoarder died and 67 guinea pigs have ended up in the shelter in Brooklyn, NY. 37 have already been pulled by another rescuer but 30 still need help. If anyone can help please contact me and I'll put you in touch with the person that is overseeing this. I'll be bringing 14 to Connecticut, 8 will go to another rescuer and 6 will stay with me. If anyone can help out by fostering or donating supplies then we can help out more. Will this ever end? :-((

RyanR

Cavy Slave
I know, people who do this are just awful people. Now another 67 guinea pigs have to find homes.

Moxie

Cavy Slave
This is just awful! I wish I could help with fostering or something. I wish you luck with all your new piggies. I know you are getting pretty full with the Maryland dump and this new one.

P.S.- Lilo and Stitch are doing great. I love them to bits. :love:

Critter Connect

Cavy Slave
Hey Moxie, Glad to hear that the girls are doing great and that you are enjoying them :) Its tough on all the rescuers when there are big "dumps" like these. We all try to help as much as we can but sometimes feel like it isn't enough. Give the girls a hug for me

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
That is so sad. If I wasn't so far away I'd be more then willing to take 2 or 3. Good luck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.