Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Basic Pig care Guide Distribution-Calling Ontarians

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
So I was looking at Petfinder today and I felt really bad about how many pigs there are up for adoption, and since I can't adopt them all I was thinking I should do something to help out anyways. So I came up with the idea of making a "Basic Guide to Guinea Pigs" Pamphlet, printing it out and distributing it to local pet stores. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in doing this as well? I could send you copies and you could do the same wherever you live. I guess this doesn't apply only to Ontarians but since I live in Ontario that's where I'm going to do it.

Since I'm a student it's probably going to take me a while to get around to this, but I wanted to see if anyone else would be interested ahead of time :).

SlightlyUsed

Cavy Slave
I think that would be a great idea. The people in the pet stores here are completely clueless when it comes to Guinea Pigs, so are the people aside from myself and my girlfriend. I think a little Piggie Info would help. I'd love to distribute them.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Have you looked at the basic care pamphlet on guinealynx? There is a black and white and a color version of it that you can print. https://www.guinealynx.com/pamphlet.html
It might save you a great deal of work and references people back to the guinealynx website for more indepth information.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Bah, it sucks when you find out that all your ideas have already been invented :S. But this one is perfect, thank you!

C&K

Cavy Slave
Bah, it sucks when you find out that all your ideas have already been invented

I know the feeling, however in this case it is nice to know that there is such a large community of respected guinea pig owners and rescues that stand behind the pamplet, makes it more credible. Besides, the leg work still needs to be done, and that is one of the hardest parts of the execution in this whole mess. I am sick to death of all the pig selling stores in my area, perhaps some good care guides and pet adoption material in stores that don't sell animals would help counteract this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.