Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Two new arrivals!!

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Ok so at six o'clock I am going to die! I brought home two new little ratties today:p and my mum doesn't know, yet. I have pretty much got all my previous pets this way because my mum doesn't listen to reasoning that I can look after them and I have enough money if anything goes wrong! She doesn't really get too mad though, grounded for a week (well 5 days) was the extent of my grounding last time, lol!
But anyway the new boys are soooo cute, they are in a QT cage at the moment though, but so far they seem full of life and healthy as can be!
I can't wait untill I can introduce them to the other boys, it's going to be so great having a whole rat pile to play with.:D

I will take some pics probably tomorrow, sine I want to let them settle in a bit first before I start handling them.

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
Go you! I used to just beg and beg my mom and then one day come home with it to 'show her' and then she wouldn't let me take it back because she fell in love with it. Hopefully your not in too much poop. I can't wait to see the pics though. Grrr. Darn me and my no usb and batteries or I'd have pic galore.

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Ok so it's 12 mins past 7 and she hasn't found out yet! I don't think I will be in too much poop.....I hope!

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
So if we don't hear from you in a while does that mean you're grounded? Let me know how the mom situatation went.

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
lol, she still hasn't found out, she has even been in my room twice! Their cage is on top of the other boys! How could she NOT see it! Myabe it's true that people only see what they want to.....heehee

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
My husband did not see the rats for like 3 days. And they had a huge brand new cage that he had never seen. He just kept walking right past them.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
My mother (when I lived at home) said NO rodents! When I had my head operated on I decided to get me a hammie to make me feel better. I came home with him, she was in a RAGE for about 1 day. A week later she was like let me see that rat.........she held him and at that moment fell inlove with him too..........goes to show ya some people just need to open their eyes to see how special "rodents" are!

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Woah, I am sooo surprised. My mum has been in my room four times since I got them, and this morning she came in and was saying hi to sootie, who's cage is underneath the new boys. Then she walked out, double took and looked in the newbie cage and said to me why is he on his own (thinking it was one of the others), and I was like ummmm cuz he's small....., Then my mum figured it was a new one, and she was just about to walk away when another nose popped out and she said, "so there's two new ones, what are their names?". I was so shocked! She then proceeded to ask me if they were friendly, to which I replied yes and she petted them through the bars! Teehee, my mum ldidn't even get mad at all! .....weird!

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Oh and their names are Pepsi and Harrison - at the moment, but not totally decided!

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Thats good. I am glad she is not upset.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
Well she knows that you take good care of them and that she isnt responsible for thier upkeep..........as long as it isnt on her to do it, guess she figures no harm done :)

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Yea, that's true, I definatly wont be getting any more for a while aswell since I will have to buy another big cage and I don't really have space for 3 rat cages and the guinea pig's cage too!
I pay for everything for all 9 of my animals, none of my parents have had to pay a penny for any of them. I work full time so money isn't a problem, if I couldn't afford them I wouldn't have had them, in case of vets visits and stuff.

here is some pics:

Harrison ( Harry)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

And Jack (changed from pepsi!)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

They look pretty big in thos pics but they are tiny! - 1/3 the size of my other boys!

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
awwwwwwwww oh my goodness they are sooo cute!!! Congrats on the new babies, I wish you all the luck with them.

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
My old guinea pig's name was Pepsi. *sigh* Okay, I'm not going to get upset... *lower lip trembles*... just kidding. I know she's with her sis in cavy heaven.
I'm super happy for you that your mom wasn't mad. And I think I know why. You probably didn't act guilty about it. Because when you act guilty, you know you've done something wrong, which can infulence your mom's reaction. Just a theory but that's how it is with my mom. It's hard not populating your room/apartment/house with animals (not in the bad way). Right now I have 5 pigs, 2 buns, 2 rats and I'm really itching for a skinny pig. And of course my boyfriend's like 'Yup, as soon as you can find one, she's yours.' So I have 0 authority. It's weird having an odd number also. Good luck with your ratties!

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! Those pics are kinda low quality - well very, so I bought a new digital camera at Tesco today lol. So know I can take lots of nice pics of all my furbabies! heehee!

and here is the first picture with my new camera - Jack

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.