Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Link for Good Floor Time Pen?

Geneva

Cavy Slave
I've read several posts mentioning that Walmart and other places sell play pens for small animals that might work for floor time. Does anyone have a link they could post? I tried to find these on the Walmart site and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

pennick

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)
Just do a search for play pens for pets and you will get many places showing different kinds of playpens.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Or do what I did and I used extra grids which I ziptied all but the last two. I use binder clips to hold them closed.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
For less than the cost of a play pen you can buy a box of grids and zip tie them together to make a wonderful, large playpen.

At Walmart they sell these ones, but cavies can and will jump out of them, my Cali did.

Geneva

Cavy Slave
Thank you. I think I will probably go the grid/zip tie method with some newspaper underneath. It has just become too hard to let them free roam around the living room, since they always manage to jump over the barricades I put up and end up in little corners, where they inevitably make all sorts of messes. Our carpet can't handle it!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
If you're going to put the grid pen on carpet, you might want to get a tarp or shower curtain liner, so pee and poop can't get through. Put some old towels or a piece of fleece over that to make it comfy. :)

Geneva

Cavy Slave
Ooh, that's a good idea! Shower curtain liners are cheap, too.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I got one for my piggies at the dollar store.

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
JennG said:
Or do what I did and I used extra grids which I ziptied all but the last two. I use binder clips to hold them closed.

I did the same thing! The play pen actually takes up a whole room. I line the bottom with shower curtain liners from the dollar store. When play time is over I just fold up the play pen like an accordian! So simple!

Pepe~Le~Peew

Cavy Slave
If you have $15 you can go to home depot and by a 2-4 Sheet of wood a few reg 2-4 (5) and somthing for a ramp (piping tubes) you can build a great 2 lvl play pen and put there toys in. Im posting a pic soon but they love the unteated wood because they can chew it. and you can get plastic sheets cut and placed on the bottom like cloroplast but not a flexy. (i use old blankets because i ran out of money) :)

QuackXP

Cavy Slave
I used the cable tied grids for the walls and plastic sheeting and a bedsheet for floortime. I put a towel down for there home base where the do most of there potting.

KK<3cavies

Cavy Slave

I bought an extra box just for this! I think it will be the best and cheapest idea.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.