PDA

View Full Version : Homemade toys

cavy_lover515
01-06-06, 08:03 pm
I know there is a page on this site regarding toys, but does anyone have any ideas for othe homemade toys? Or what kind of toys for other pets my precious Ginger might like?:D Also, is what kind of music cavies like a personality thing, or is there a particular Genre that they like?

JennG
01-06-06, 11:00 pm
No clue on the music. We just leave the radio on during the day to the Top 40 songs. I don't think my girls care.

As far as some homemade toys, here's a partial list:
paper lunch bags
empty toilet paper rolls
bent grid for a tunnel
crumbled paper
tennis balls
cat toys
small stuffed animals (make sure there aren't any little pieces on them that they can chew off & get choked)
bird hanging toys
baby rattles
I have a mirror I bought on clearance for under a buck that was supposed to for my daughter and says Princess on it.

I can't think of anymore right now. Good luck.

Da_3_mad_pigs
01-07-06, 03:57 am
Loads of shredded paper! my pigs love it!

Tiffany
01-08-06, 09:34 am
I use a spool from thread, and the favorite toy is an exercise ball meant for mice (closed up). They love to push it around with their noses!!

2pigs4rats
01-08-06, 04:20 pm
shoeboxes with holes cut out are good and also toilet roll tubes, shredded paper, some cat toys, sheets of paper folded to make atent - they love running under these and flipping them.

Henriettaah
01-08-06, 07:44 pm
A hit with the girls has been a length of lining wallpaper - the plain stuff. It rolls itself up into a nice long tunnel for them, and they have been running through it, jumping over it and shredding it happily into piles. :)