Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Here

RabsRgreat

Cavy Slave
Hi - I'm new to this forum, but I just want to say that this site was a God send to me when I decided to build a C&C cage/pen for my - forgive me - my RABBITS!
No, I don't have Piggies, but I've been a Bunny Slave for close to 20 years now.
I have two of the hairballs - one is a Holland Lop 'Nicky', and the other is a rather large Harlequin named Maggie. Both are adopted from the House Rabbit Society, and were rescued from horrific conditions.
I got Maggie just this past October, and she was constantly jumping out of the pen - but she would jump back in, too. But, it was dangerous for her to be wondering around unsupervised (I let them out for long periods during the day when I can watch them). I had to do something to make her safe.
When I was searching for info on making a cage, I happened upon this site and got some wonderful ideas that I adapted to the rabbits.
They now live in a 4 foot tall, 3 feet wide by 12feet long pen (inside, of course) that includes a small wooden dog house with a ramp and patio on top on one end, and a series of ramps (all made with the panels) to sitting areas and cubby holes. It's just great, and now I can't get them out of it to clean it!
I tried posting pictures but they are too big - but it's a great pen!

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Sounds like an awesome set up. C&C cages are so versitle, you can use them for birds, hedgehogs, ferrets... even as a dog crate for smaller breeds. Several people on this forumn have rabbits too. We'd love to see pictures, of the cage and the buns. Maybe you could try using photobucket and giving us a link?

When you say feet do you mean grids?

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
I also built my rabbit cages using the C&C. They are awesome! I have a 3 month old Lion Head rabbit that I just rescued from being culled and I just lost my other rabbit last week. I had her for 10 years but I'm not sure how old she was when I rescued her. We had to have her put down and I still can't stop crying. I miss her terribly.

RabsRgreat

Cavy Slave
SkinnyPiggys said:
I just lost my other rabbit last week. I had her for 10 years but I'm not sure how old she was when I rescued her. We had to have her put down and I still can't stop crying. I miss her terribly.

SkinnyPiggys - I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find peace of heart knowing that you gave her 10 years of love, and that the terrible decision you had to make was also an act of love on your part that stemmed from your love of her, and the desire to end her suffering.
My first bun was also 'saved' from being culled by a breeder, and for the almost 10 years I had him, he brought me nothing but joy. I still miss him, and he's been gone 10 years now. But I remember him fondly, and the love I had for him lives on now in my two present rabs.The pain lessens with time - but you never forget them.
Your love will live on in the life of the the little one you just saved.
God bless you

RabsRgreat

Cavy Slave
Zeander said:
We'd love to see pictures, of the cage and the buns. Maybe you could try using photobucket and giving us a link?
When you say feet do you mean grids?

https://photobucket.com/albums/b92/sfritzp/Rabbits/

I'm hoping the above link works... pics of the pen.
No - it's in actual feet. Grid wise, it's 3 grids tall, 2 grids wide, and 9 or 10 grids long.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
The link doesn't work.

RabsRgreat

Cavy Slave
babygrl1234 said:
The link doesn't work.

Sorry - it does work on mine - perhaps because it's my album? :confused:
Can someone let me know how to post the link?

C&R5567

Cavy Slave
To Rabs, bless you bless you bless you for rescuing your bunnies from HRS. That's what it's all about here; saving animals from horrible fates such as mills, pet stores, deplorable living conditions, despicable, cruel people and so on. Bunnies are amazing human companions.

To SkinnyPiggys, I am sorry for your recent loss. I can't even begin to say that I know how you feel. But I do have a suggestion for you to help you with your grief. There is a beautiful website called Rainbows Bridge where you can memorialize and share your grief with others who have lost a beloved companion. It's a wonderful site and I would suggest you take a look, and possibly add your memorial. It has helped people with their heartbreak, it may help you.

Here's the link:
https://rainbowsbridge.com

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the rainbow bridge site. What a nice idea!

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Underneath each picture in your album there is an URL which you can post here.

naturestee

Cavy Slave
Wow, are my buns jealous! They're a bit miffed that we haven't done their new pens yet- we moved so they'll be getting more space eventually.

Zeander

Cavy Slave
That cage looks so good I think I'd like to live there. Cute bunnies too.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.