Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Can anyone help?

Ophelia

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone I new to this board and to keeping cavies.
I have had Bubble, my first cavy, for 6 weeks she is a female and 12 weeks. Today I have introduced a 6 week old rough haired female called Buffy to the cage but they don't seem to getting along very well.
To begin with I left Buffy in her travel box in the cage so Bubble could get used to her smell, I did this for an hour as I was advised by my vet. I then sat both Buffy and Bubble on my lap together for a further hour. Bubble was interested in Buffy, sniffing her and snuggled up to her. After they had both been in their house for a while Bubble started to be quite aggressive and has pushed Buffy out of the living quarters, Buffy is now hiding under a log. Does anyone have any advice they could give me. I don't want to have to seperate them if I can help it but I don't want either of them to hurt each other.

LeonThePiggyMAn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ophelia

Cavy Slave
Thank you for trying to help. I've had to take Buffy out and give her, her own house. Unfortunatley in the night they must have had a bit of a fight as when I got up in the morning to check on Buffy she had a bite mark on the back of her neck and tiny nibble marks in her ears. I think she was quite traumatised by it, since then she's been very subduded and has hardly eaten anything. I'm keeping a close eye on her and bathing the wound in a saline solution in the morning and evening.

LeonThePiggyMAn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ophelia

Cavy Slave
Thank you both very much for your advice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.