Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Super Pet Funnels

PurplePoe

Cavy Slave
I went to a yard sale a few days ago and bought a whole bunch of super pet funnels for $10 (got about twenty of them). Anyways, I was curious if a guinea pig is capable of crawling up the tunnels if I do one of those wacky curvy vertical arrangements. They don't seem like the most acrobatic of critters, but I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with these attachments. Thanks.

Poe

Binas Cavys

Cavy Slave
Are you talking about this?

Beacause if you are, these are made for the smaller rodents like hamsters. Pigs are too big, and they may get stuck so don't use this!

PurplePoe

Cavy Slave
Ummm, no, that is not what I was describing; those are obviously too small. Super Pet makes larger versions of those for their Ferretrail line. They are, indeed, large enough for a guinea pig to pass through.

Poe

Binas Cavys

Cavy Slave
Is this it?

Or this?

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't use them unless they had at least a 4" diameter opening.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I think they are pretty spacious.They are made to be roomy for a ferret. I think they would be fine for a guinea pig.

I am not so sure about the verticle part though. But I know there are some pictures of the funnels in the gallery. Maybe one of those people can chime in.

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Pigs can fit through them, but I'm not sure if they would want to go vertically. Perhaps you could use it sort of diagonally, like as a ramp to a loft or something? Or just set them on the floor for the pigs to crawl through?

festara

Cavy Slave
I used those big ferret tubes as the ramp in my cage. Angel LOVES them! Once she figured out where they would lead her (with some food bribes). Now she loves using them.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I would just put together a few and put them on the floor of the cage instead of trying to use them as a ramp or put them vertically. Piggies aren't known to be able to climb up something that is straight up vertical. If they are at least 4" in diameter they are safe for pigs but don't make too long of sections as very large pigs still may get stuck.

PurplePoe

Cavy Slave
I figured that they weren't much for climbing, I just wanted to make sure of that before I put them together. It'll be a nice little attachment to his Super Pet "mini-cage." Thanks for all of your input.

Poe

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I was looking at those and they are listed as 4.25" wide. I want to try to put in a curved ramp for a 1x1 grid area but I don't think my fatter pigs would make it around a slanted corner. I might just have to relocate my ramp location and use a long wide board like I usually do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.