Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK UK Guinea piggies

Becky101

Cavy Slave
UK guinea pigs
Basil Little and Pepper Little​

(pepper is the greyish one to the left and Basil is the different browny colours to the right)​

chewysmum

Cavy Slave
Hi Becky, what lovely piggies, basil has simular colours to chewy I'll try to post a photo of him and his pal in the future. I have a question to ask and If anybody can give me some advice I will be forever grateful. ? I bought chewy and gizzy from a pet shop, both was exactly the same size but I've noticed chewy is a little bigger than gizzy, they both have exactly the same food and veg they do argue with each other every now and then and chewy tries to dominate gizzy, but why is chewy bigger?

Becky101

Cavy Slave
chewysmum said:
Hi Becky, what lovely piggies, basil has simular colours to chewy I'll try to post a photo of him and his pal in the future. I have a question to ask and If anybody can give me some advice I will be forever grateful. ? I bought chewy and gizzy from a pet shop, both was exactly the same size but I've noticed chewy is a little bigger than gizzy, they both have exactly the same food and veg they do argue with each other every now and then and chewy tries to dominate gizzy, but why is chewy bigger?

are they the same sex, if not the male might tend to be bigger.
well Im only going from my pigs, but Oscar (the guinea pig next door) is a bit bigger than my basil, they are around the same age too, but Oscar is very tertiorial, and thinks hes the boss, so mayby guinea pigs like him tend to be bigger.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
It just depends - some just have a larger frame than other. One of my boys is bigger and chubbier than the other!

chewysmum

Cavy Slave
Becky101 said:
are they the same sex, if not the male might tend to be bigger.
well Im only going from my pigs, but Oscar (the guinea pig next door) is a bit bigger than my basil, they are around the same age too, but Oscar is very tertiorial, and thinks hes the boss, so mayby guinea pigs like him tend to be bigger.

Hi Becky, yes they are the same sex both males. Thank you for your advice and to you too piglet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.