Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Oxbows last cut of hay stemmy?

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Did anyone else notice this or did I grab a bad bag? I bought a 40 oz bag of oxbow hay Tuesday night and when I got it home, sut open and ready to stick some in the cage, it was the HARDEST darn stuff to get out of the bag, it was so stemmy and long!! I've never had this problem with oxbow before, so I was just thinking maybe I grabbed one stemmy bag out of 30 bags of wonder hay? My pigs stare dolefully up at me like I went out and committed the greatest piggy sin in their eyes--- buying kaytee again! (After tasting oxbow, they turn up their noses and pee on kaytee :weepy: spoiled girls) I'm making them eat the good parts though. I just hope this isn't a trend, because I just ordered 25 (35?! I can't remember ACK!) pounds of the stuff, and if it's stemmy and gross, I'm never going to hear the end of it.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Mine is very hard to pull apart. It's not usually like this, we probably got the same cut.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Yeah. I actually bought mine in Delaware, too!

homeschoolmama

Cavy Slave
Since that's what Oreo was used to, I bought a bag for him... and we've been using it to line their litterbox! He won't touch it now that he's tried KM's bluegrass, and my other boys looked at me as if I had horns on my head when I tried to give them a handful. Yes, it was nasty stemmy stuff. My husband grabbed one of the bigger seed-heads & joked that he could use it to clean their bottles out with! I'd used Oxbow for about a year before we tried KM, and never had it look this yukky. And even the "rough stuff" that I'd gotten at the feed-lot before that never looked quite like this. It definitely must have been a bad batch.

bbqbarbiedolls

Cavy Slave
I ordered some online just recently and had no problem with it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.