Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Heggies Hedgehogs for adoption

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
I have some healthy, young, rescued hedgehogs ready for adoption. I live near Buffalo, NY. Please let me know if you are interested and I would be happy to send you an application

Thanks!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I have ALWAYS wanted a hedgehog. Unfortunately, I live in VA, and my family would probably disown me if I brought another animal into the house. We current have 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, and a hamster. 2 more GPs will be joining us in a week or so. Good luck with finding families for the hedgehogs!

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
I forgot to mention that you do not have to live in NY. I belong to a hedgie train group that will help transport a hedgie to just about anywhere! I also could recommend another hedgie rescuer in your area.

I just rescued a little boy hedgie last night from a house of horrors! What a nightmare. I was so happy to get him home.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Awww. I used to have a hedgie. They make really really great (prickly) pets! Mine was an impulsive pet shop buy, and I got a book, and followed it to the letter. Unfortunatly the people who wrote the book didn't offer the best of advice, and Em died about a year after I got her.

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
Kriket said:
Awww. I used to have a hedgie. They make really really great (prickly) pets! Mine was an impulsive pet shop buy, and I got a book, and followed it to the letter. Unfortunatly the people who wrote the book didn't offer the best of advice, and Em died about a year after I got her.

I'm sorry to hear that. There is a lot of bad information out there. I am constantly sending people good hedgie resouces.

luvub40

Cavy Slave
I am interested in filling out an application. I could PM you my snail mail address or give you my e-mail address. Let me know which one you need.

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Awwww Hedgies are sooo cute - I'd love one, but there is NO WAY my mum would let me!

lilouisianagal

Cavy Slave
I have a friend who is interested in getting a hedgehog. I am rather concerned that she get all the needed information before going ahead with it. Can you suggest some good resources for her? Preferably online. THanks!

lilouisianagal

Cavy Slave
Just found your other posting further down with all the websites. Would this be an adequate list for everything that you need for a hegdie?
1. cage (4ft sq min) no wire bottoms, venilated
2. bedding (aspen shavings or fleece or vellux blankets and baby corduroy with fleece--NO TOWELS)
3. solid base bucket wheel
4. pigloo, hiding hut/bag
5. food and water bowls
6. food (low fat high protein) hedgehog or cat dry food plus baked chicken, turkey, salmon, crickets, eggs, mealies, veggies and fruit once or twice a week and suppliment with Missing Link biweekly
7. Heat lamp/snuggle safe disk
8. Weight scale
Other questions:
1. What sort of vet care is required for hedgies?
2. Do hedges need a play area?
3. How do hedgies get along with other pets and small children (friend has an almost-one-year old, a three year old, and an almost-six-year old, and a small dog)?

sdawnd04

Cavy Slave
Hey, could I get some more information about adopting the hedgies??? Please PM me or send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks

Giplet

Cavy Slave
Wow, I didn't know hedgehogs could be pets. Can you pick them up and play with them like GPs? Or do they curl up in a ball and prick you? They are very cute though. Do they have lovely little personalities like GPs too?

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Hi I want a hedgehog, BUT my mom WONT let me get one. Im so sad. I really like it and it looks really cute

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.