Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada advice on how to get some products?

cavypaulita

Cavy Slave
Hello,

as some of you know I live in Argentina, South America.

I would love to order/get some products from the critter store but the shipping costs (on that site) are incredibly, incredibly expensive to me.
in products I'd spend 30 dollars, which is 90 pesos (my local currency) and shipping, 200 dollars or something like that. Totally impossible to me.
(considering that a monthly salary is around 1000 pesos)

I've had things shipped from US to Argentina and it was never that expensive.

I was wondering if I send the money (safely) to someone, if that person could get the products and ship them to me using a common method?
I'd send the money first..and that person would have to get the products only after I send the money..

I don't know if some shop is less expensive than that or if that's the general cost in shops...

Do you have any advice on what I could do? I would be willing to send the money and have them shipped here, and also some extra money for the inconvenience...but I don't know who to ask or which store does that. The prices on international shipping on that store and the ferret store are really expensive to me. (I was really surprised, since I've ordered from Amazon and it is affordable, especially for just a few items)..

or if there's any other shop for me to see if their shipping options are not as expensive?

Thanks in advance...

Pauli

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
How about using theferretstore.com. They have free shipping on all orders over 35USD.

cavypaulita

Cavy Slave
thank you,
I'll ask them if that includes international orders...

Thanks!
Pauli

cavypaulita

Cavy Slave
ugh, no, it doesn't include international orders...
and it is very expensive ...if I spend 30 dollars on products and 240 dollars on shipping, I can't afford that.

I guess I'll have to be creative and find things around here.
I just wanted to order fiddle sticks, a pigloo (you can't find these here) and a few other things that I haven't seen here.
But well..

I'm looking into ebay, maybe some people ship internationally and it's affordable..

thanks anyway
pauli

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.