Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Australian Cavy Sanctuary ( Website and Adoptables )

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Australian Cavy Sanctuary

I know a few people come to Cages Cages Forum and are from Australia so I guess I just wanted to do a post officially introducing our sanctuary here in Australia for future reference for anyone in Australia. There are only three official guinea pigs rescues in Australia that I know of ( as in rescues that soley care for guinea pigs and small animals only ) aswell as the RSPCA where sometimes they will have guinea pigs available for adoption.​

ACS is dedicated to guinea pigs only. Our base rescue and founder ( Enchanting Cavy Sanctuary ) is run privately from my home nestled peacefully in the greenery of the gum trees. I have 10+ years of experience and knowledge with guinea pigs and the sanctuary is RSPCA approved and supported. Situated 15 kilometres north of Brisbane in Queensland we welcome visitors to the stud and refuge on the weekends. Please phone first if you wish to visit. ACS is a non profit and non funded combined effort by a couple of dedicated individuals across australia who are truly passionate about the welfare of guinea pigs. The ACS is currently run by two main rescues. Our base location Enchanting Cavy Sanctuary and Wotamess Cavy Rescue and stud in South Australia which has been taking in and caring for cavies for over ten years. All members of ACS have owned and had years of experience with guinea pigs. Aswell as the sanctuary guinea pigs we also have our own guinea pigs that we care for. Any enquiries about our current adoptables or our individual rescues can be made to either of us. All current adoptables are listed on this website along with their location.

For those interested, we are willing to and have flown adoptables interstate ( this option is available only due to the fact there are not rescues in all states of Australia ). As usual the new home would need to be an approved home and the usual term of agreement as on the website would still apply. Cost of transport/carry cages etc are available on the website.

For further enquiries about the sanctuary, guinea pigs in general or if you would like to come along for a visit to the sanctuary please visit the website for further details and contact info.

(broken link removed)

*~jess~*

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.