Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties My potential boys

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
It is looking like these are the boys I am going to adopt.

They are about 3 months old. Now I need to think of some names. I am thinking somehting from Harry Potter. Any suggestions?

DrkSilence13

Cavy Slave
They're adorable! You could go with Harry and Ron. Sirius and Lupin. Sirius and James. or.....um.....some other combo of those names. I think the black berk/self (can't tell from the pics) should be Sirius. Just my opinion.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
I have no name suggestions just a big AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW they are CUTE! Congrats!

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I could do Sirius and James. Or maybe Dobby and Kreacher? My adoption application was approved so I will be getting them next week. I am really nervous since I have not had rats before but they are so darn cute. Plus i am having a grand old time making this cage for them.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
I have always wanted a pair of rats but i have too many other pets that just dont make it safe for the rats or the guys i have. Will have to put that off for a few years. My friend has 10 rats, yup 10! They are awesome and oooo boy do I love the boys she has. They are so cute and give me kisses all the time. You will be fine! I am so excited for you!

DrkSilence13

Cavy Slave
CongRATS! lol. They're a lot of fun. I like Sirius and James more than Dobby and Kreacher. But that may be because I have this thing against Kreacher for what he did to Sirius. But that's beside the point. If you need any more info www.rmca.org is a good place to go (assuming you haven't already been there). They have a forum and everything. Everyone on there is VERY helpful! Good Luck!

DrkSilence13

Cavy Slave
My friend has 10 rats, yup 10!

That's nothing! I know a couple of people who have 50+ rats! All very well cared for might I add. On PRLC someone has 120 rats. She has an independent rescue though...but they all get individual care and attention. I want 10 rats...but I'm only allowed to have between 2 and 4.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I know but I really like Dobby though. Would it be stupid to name one Winky even though she was a girl?
I think I have been to every single rat site there is lol. i have been researching like crazy.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
Holy cow 50+!! Thats insane, not to say if I could do that I wouldnt lol.

baby how is your cage coming along?

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
hummm i dont think what i said made sense - lol its been a long day - forgive me!

DrkSilence13

Cavy Slave
You could always just use miss matched names. Like Dobby and Sirius. Lol. It's something I would do. Happy naming...building.....and researching! Lol.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I have the doors off and I took out all the hardware that was on there for the drawers. I have the shelves set how I want them. Now I need to put some protection on the shelves, drill the holes for them to get from floor to floor, put the accessories in and build the door. I will post some pics when I am done. It is going to be pretty cool. It should be finished by Monday if not sooner.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
i had a pair of hamsters named ding and ling years ago - not orginal but it is funny

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
My friend had a bird named Porky dingles. Everytime she talks about it I crack up.
Ding and Ling is hilarious.

DrkSilence13

Cavy Slave
How's the cage coming? I'm excited for you. Lol. I want another baby rat...but I'm not allowed. I want a blue dumbo baby. They're so cute. Anyway.....How's everything coming?

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Well the boys will be here on Monday. The cage building is going well. I am almost finished and I will post the pics when it is done. I am really excited..

DrkSilence13

Cavy Slave
Oh...yay! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pics of the cage!

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
The boys have officially arrived home. They have got to be the cutest things ever. Oh my goodness. They are so friendly and come to the door of the cage when I open it and just sniff me and don't run away like the pigs do. I am already in love. Here are some pics of the boys in the old guinea pig cage. (I used it for transport)
This is Biggie

This is Tupac

Tupac trying to escape

both of them at the water bottle

My friend and I decided on our theme for names and went with Biggie and Tupac because there was a Tupac song on the radio while we were discussing ideas.

DrkSilence13

Cavy Slave
Oh my! They are SO cute! CongRATS! I'm glad they're already adjusting so well! That's great! Hope you have lots of fun with them!

minnie

Cavy Slave
Hi

Congrats on adopting the 2 boys!

I have 2 boys that I adopted from a rescue, Frankie & Sammy

Plus I have Oreo who yes I did buy from a petstore

Aren't pet rats great, & they are so friendly, & lovable

I love when they run to the door of their cage to greet me!

They make great pets!

Minnie

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.