PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks without meat :D

Lyndsay
12-15-05, 08:09 am
Alright, so I've made it for 2 weeks, and it was pretty easy. I eventually want to ween myself off milk altogether, and eggs are already done and over with. I learned through a video in Exercise Science class yesterday that it takes a persons body 6 days to digest meat, cause it has to rot in our guts... there's a bice thought for yah. Anyhow, what I really wanted to know is if there is like a super guide, of all the foods that contain meat, eggs, or milk products?

BabyGrl
12-15-05, 08:11 am
Wow that is disgusting.

Slap Maxwell
12-15-05, 10:28 am
Try http://goveg.com/

Congrats! It has been almost nine months for me.

BabyGrl
12-15-05, 11:27 am
I just wanted to clarify that the meat rotting in the gut was the disgusting part not you making it 2 weeks. That part is great!

Lyndsay
12-15-05, 11:36 am
Yeah I got that part. It's really grosse... rotting meat... :sick:

SkinnyPiggys
12-15-05, 01:14 pm
Congrats on going meatless! I have not eaten meat for 20 years and am very healthy. I would suggest looking into some books on being a vegetarian. I also get some veg. magazines.

Did you know that when people eat meat that they have a certain scent? I learned about it in one of my undergrad classes. When people go on the Zone diets or have a diet high in animal products they actually have bad breath and body odor. My husband does not eat meat in our home but once in a while he will eat out for work and eat meat then. He gets so mad at me because the second that he gets home from work I can always tell when he ate meat that day. He stinks! Of course I won't kiss him either!! :p

homeschoolmama
12-15-05, 02:49 pm
Wow, congratulations! Good luck :)

Lyndsay
12-17-05, 12:16 am
Thanks Slap for the site, I'm slowly going through and checking out all the information on there.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I was talking about it in math class the other day with a group of girls, and it turns out there is a girl in my class thats a vegetarian too, so we had a nice vegetarian friendly lunch together that day. It was cool meeting someone with the same views that you can actually talk things over with. *Not that I would ever leave all the expertease you guys have here :P *

piggy_love
12-21-05, 10:24 am
i was watching some of the ilms of the animals. its terrible. gory. i hate it

2pigs4rats
01-21-06, 07:20 am
I just watched the factory farm video in that link, and I have decided I am now serious about it. Yesterday I thought today I will stop eating meat and today after watching that it's confirmed - that was the worst thing I have ever seen, it made me feel sick.
So this is my second day without meat and believe me for me that's weird since my family have meat for pretty much every meal.

Percy's Mom
01-21-06, 08:31 am
Just a quick thought. There's no way for your stomach to know what you're eating is meat, vegetable, grain, or cheesecake. I don't know where your Exercise Science class got a video saying that meat takes "6 days to rot in your gut", but that is absolutely ridiculous. Your stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve coins, so a piece of meat doesn't have to rot. It dissolves in the acid and the nutrients are absorbed through your stomach and intestinal walls in roughly the same several hour time period that anything else does.

Now obviously there are completely disgusting videos, papers, articles, etc that could more than disuede someone from eating meat, and if that is your decision and you've done the research to know how to get all of your nutrients and stay healthy, then by all means, be a vegetarian. Saying that meat has to stay in your system for 6 days to rot though is ridiculous.

thecarerescue
01-21-06, 09:44 pm
Perhaps it means 6 days for the stomach acid to break meat down?

Lyndsay
01-30-06, 05:54 pm
Eh? Just telling you what I heard. May or may not be true. According to that source it was.

2pigs4rats
02-04-06, 04:54 pm
Well I have made it to and past the two week mark too! It's weird that I have not even been tempted by meat at all yet!