Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Characters in usernames

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I don't know if it's just me but I'm finding it a bit annoying to see all these funny characters (hearts, @'s etc) appearing in people's usernames. It's hard to follow! Capital letters, spaces, even a . but hearts?

Then again maybe it is just me lol !

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I agree. I need to put a custom message in the registration info.

I will ask the moderators to please find the offenders, send them a message telling them what we will be changing their name to. I'll change the names. And also to edit the 'rules' to add this to our policy.

If I can force the change in the actual signup process, I will. Not sure if that's possible yet.

flower power :@

Cavy Slave
Sorry this is me. I have only just joined...........sorry
I tried to put ''flower power pigs'' but it did not fit so i put :mad: to make it look like a pig........sorry :(

poppy
xx

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
flower power :@ said:
Sorry this is me. I have only just joined...........sorry
I tried to put ''flower power pigs'' but it did not fit so i put :mad: to make it look like a pig........sorry :(

poppy
xx

Oh no it wasn't so much yours, I just noticed that it was your name the @ was in just now, hehe. It was mostly the very bold hearts in another user name that bugged me.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
It just confuses me how they got the hearts on their username in the first place? They aren't exactly standard keys!

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
clover-crystal said:
It just confuses me how they got the hearts on their username in the first place? They aren't exactly standard keys!

You'd have to go into character map (Start>Programs>Accessories) and copy from there. A whole lot of work but it is possible!

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
Hehe I'd feel repsonsible but it's how my name's spelt... it's on my all my ID and stuff. And besides... it's cute 'ë' lol... If anyone needs to use it, its alt+137. Actually, I have noticed that, the @ symbols are okay but any fancy characters are too much of a pain when your adressing someone. I don't want to have to search in character map everytime.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
The person could also have memorized the ASCII 2 code for the hearts if they use them enough.

I hate it when people enter there name with no spaces on ICQ or AIM. My computer can't pronounce it properlly when it announces who is online.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Daft, was it the very bold hearts that bothered you or just the poster in general ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.