Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Canadian Breeders

Sweet Pea

Cavy Slave
Hi I am looking for Breeders in Canada. I live in New Brunswick and would like to buy another fuzzy Pig for the one I am getting in a week. I am looking for a black or a grey coloured piggy.

thank you
Michelle

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
I'm going to try and explain nicely. This is an anti-breeding forum. On behalf of most of the members here, I'm going to tell you that you should look into adoption before you ever have to consider purchasing a pig from a breeder. You might even want to read the rules of the forum. It will explain the reasoning behind our views.
Otherwise welcome to the forum.

Sweet Pea

Cavy Slave
I guess that's not what I meant I am looking for a place that I can adopt same way I did this time . I don't want to get one from a pet store or a place that's like a puppie mill. Just if someone around my area needs a good home for a pig I would like to find another. I have looked at the local SPCA's etc and they say they don't usually get any in.

Sorry About that I am new to all of this and am thankful for all your help.

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Hmmm alright, I want to check pet finder. Ok, I don't really know how to use it, XZander came from Baraboo WI, off of petfinder, but A4PigHome helped me. Here is the site link. I think you need a postal code of your area, and then it will work better. https://www.petfinder.com/ Good luck with your search, hopefully someone has a pig out there that needs a home. ;)

Sweet Pea

Cavy Slave
Thank you very much I totally forgot about pet finder. They search all the SPCA around the province and area don't they.Thanks again from the newbie:eek:

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Haha it's alright, I still consider myself a newbie. There is always more to learn. lol

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It is recommended that if you cannot find a cavy in a shelter or rescue or can't find one given up by a person from an ad in the paper or someone you know, then it is ok to go to a reputable breeder before getting a pig in a petstore. Always check out the breeder and their cavies before getting a cavy though. If the breeder has small cages and tons of cavies in cramped conditions, they are not reputable.

A reputable breeder is defined here: https://www.cavyspirit.com/responsiblebreeder.htm

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.