Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I had to say goodbye

Carissa

Cavy Slave
I don't really know what to say but today my little Chubbs was loosing the battle and I had to let him go. He was a special little pig who meant so much to me and I couldn't let him suffer anymore. He had been sick for a while, and was a regular at the vet clinic, even the vet loved him and made special calls on his behalf but she just didn't know what was wrong. I had been handfeeding him for quite awhile and he was finally starting to week for food again so I thought things were finally getting better now. He had gained weight, still a little on the thin side still but at least he was gaining. He seemed good in the morning nibbling his lettuce but when I came back from a Christmas party at 6:30 I saw him lying limp on his side and I just knew this was it. I wrapped him in a towel, cradled him in my arms and told him he was a good pig and I loved him. I will remember him as the big healthy tough guy with so much heart and attitude he won over even the non animal lovers. Pixie is wandering about her cage, looking for him I guess, its heartbreaking. My head hurts from all the crying and I don't look forward to tomorrow moring when I look in the cage and see only one little face looking up at me.

maudeandbessie

Cavy Slave
so sorry for your loss!

Johanna

Cavy Slave
Sorry for your loss. It is so emotionally draining to have a sick pet. I've been there several times and know what you are going through.

Gonzo

Cavy Slave
I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a friend. I think I can say that each of us who has lost a piggie, can truly feel your sorrow. I am still sad about Fluffy passing away. It's been a month today. I try to take my sorrow and let it flow into love for my remaining piggies. It's my gift to my lost piggie... a dedication to his memory.

skirbo

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sarah

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry you lost Chubbs. I couldn't imagine losing any of my pigs. Do you have any other piggies to seek comfort in, or was it just Chubbs? My thoughts are with you.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you feel... I get upset just thinking that one day I'm going to have to deal with losing one of the girls. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss :(

Lacy&Buttercup

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry you lost Chubbs. I can only imagine how hard it must be.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry... At least you go to spend his last moments together.

Herbie Girl

Cavy Slave
So sorry (((((hugs))))))))))

Becky

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss.

pennick

Cavy Slave
I am so so sorry for your loss. I went through a long illness with my piggy also and she died in my arms a little while ago so I know how you feel. I still cry from time to time. There is nothing harder than trying to keep a sick pick healthy over a long period of time.

It gets better as time goes by but you will always remember. I try to think only of all the good times we have.

Good Luck.

uabutterfly

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he had a wonderful life.

Carissa

Cavy Slave
Thanks everybody I really needed the support. I had to hold back tears several times at work today when I glanced at his picture by my desk. I've called one shelter that has pigs to try to get a cagemate or two for Pixie, my other pig. I feel so bad for her I think she really misses him. Guinea pigs are hard to find in Manitoba unless you buy from a pet store which I'm not about to do, so she'll get lots of lap time till I find her a buddy. Thanks again for all the support, it helps to know someone understands.

smileyface cavy

Cavy Slave
Oh, I'm so sorry. :goodvibes

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.