Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Where to buy Cubes in UK

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I did some research and gathered all the places in UK so far known to carry cubes:

Robert May
How - Order a catalogue from (broken link removed)

Cost - £22 for a pack of 17 grids

Delivery time - usually 1-3 working days. Mine arrived the day after ordering.

Kleeneze

How - Via the catalogue dropped off at your door. Also look through (broken link removed) for any other information.

Cost - £19.99

Delivery time - 5 working days

Rapid Racking

How - Online at https://www.rapidracking.com/products.aspx?Grp1Code=4&Grp 2Code=34&Grp3Code=109

Cost - £47.70 for 30 grids

Delivery time - 5 working days

Eden Shop

How - Online at https://www.edenshop.co.uk/erol.html#2406x0&&

Cost - £17.85 for 16 grids

Delivery time - 1-2 working days

Shelving Direct

How - Online at (broken link removed)

Cost - £19.98 for 16 grids

Delivery time - Order by 3pm and items will be delivered next working day

Screwfix Direct

How - Online at (broken link removed)

Cost - £22.99 for 16 grids

Delivery time - Order before 6pm and delivery next working day.

Last edited by a moderator:
stubblychin
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Morgoth

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm having difficulty finding cubes anywhere to build a new cage for my pigs. Unfortunately the screwfix offer is not as great as it seems - once you add VAT it ends up being £29. I already spent £44 on getting a sheet of correx so I'm hesitant to pay that much on the cubes. I'm in Scotland, does anyone have any up to date suggests on where I might be able to get some cubes in shops there?

I spent a long time in the giant Edinburgh B&Q warehouse today wandering up and down looking forlornly for cubes but not finding any. I have also tried poundstretchers, again to no avail.

The biggest problem with trying to get cubes it that they're impossible to describe! You can't search for them on froogle or find them on ebay because you don't know what they're likely to be called, plus trying to describe them to B&Q staff etc would be an exercise in futility.

stubblychin
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Morgoth said:
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm having difficulty finding cubes anywhere to build a new cage for my pigs. Unfortunately the screwfix offer is not as great as it seems - once you add VAT it ends up being £29. I already spent £44 on getting a sheet of correx so I'm hesitant to pay that much on the cubes. I'm in Scotland, does anyone have any up to date suggests on where I might be able to get some cubes in shops there?

I spent a long time in the giant Edinburgh B&Q warehouse today wandering up and down looking forlornly for cubes but not finding any. I have also tried poundstretchers, again to no avail.

The biggest problem with trying to get cubes it that they're impossible to describe! You can't search for them on froogle or find them on ebay because you don't know what they're likely to be called, plus trying to describe them to B&Q staff etc would be an exercise in futility.

I'm in Scotland and my local B&Q (Stirling) had them until recently. It is very hit and miss when they do have them. I will keep an eye out next time I'm there and if they have them at the same price as they were (£19.99) I'll get them and folks on here can have them (except if they need to be posted!). The best search on ebay is "wire cube".

Morgoth

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the tips, I would really appreciate if you could let me know if/when stirling B&Q have them, I could go there by train without too much trouble.

The reason I paid so much for the correx (which got sent from England) is that when I contacted a lot of local signmakers none of them were willing to deliver me just one sheet. I couldn't go collect it because I don't have a car. I didn't fancy trying to carry a huge sheet like that back home on the train! So eventually I followed a tip here about the company fibrecraft plastics in England. When they told me the price I just thought.. well, this is going to be the only way I'm going to get this thing easily. And considering the size of it I can see why the postage and packaging is so damned expensive!

Unfortunately for some reason we never get sent a kleeneze catalogue, we seem to be on the kleeneze catalogue blacklist. Come to think of it Betterware never send catalogues any more either. Maybe I can Kleeneze to send me one somehow.. Which is a strange scenario, considering I'd usually be asking them *not* to.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I gave up on the correx... use lino instead and it works just fine :)

lesleyleg

Cavy Slave
Morgoth said:

Kleeneze catalogue stock the cubes at a reasonable £20.I got the coroplast from an english company through the internet at £26 inc delivery

Henriettaah

Cavy Slave
I found another site here at (broken link removed)
The single grids range in price from between £1.35 to £2.15 each, depending on size, and for example, ten 12x16" grids with p&p come to £30. This would make a 48" x 32" pen. Although, I think perhaps the grid hole sizes are a little large.

You can also get a substantial 6m roll of galvanised sturdy wire mesh from B&Q for under £20, which would be enough to construct a nice large pen... only minimum DIY needed :cool:

bromers

Cavy Slave
You can also get a substantial 6m roll of galvanised sturdy wire mesh from B&Q for under £20, which would be enough to construct a nice large pen... only minimum DIY needed :cool:

I got this for a outside cage, I found it extreamly hard and long. But come again my DIY talents havent shown up yet. CCC I think all the research you done it great!

Morgoth

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the tips all. Unfortunately although I have asked both Robert May and Kleeneze for a catalogue neither have turned up yet. I emailled Robert May to ask how much cubes plus postage would likely be but so far I've got no response. Is it £22 for 17 normal sized cubes from Robert May counting VAT and delivery? That seems too good to be true considering the other companies' prices.

Morgoth

Cavy Slave
Well, back to square one. I heard from Robert May and whilst its true that technically it's £22 for 17 cubes, this doesn't seem to include VAT, plus there is a maximum order value of £25 excluding VAT, and postage is £9. Given I have to pay £25 minimum and then add VAT and postage this ends up being £40 for 17 cubes which is a pretty bad deal I think. Am I missing something here?

I really want to get hold of the kleeneze catalogue cubes or the ones from B&Q/homebase, but although I asked kleeneze for a catalogue none has been sent and I haven't had any luck finding the cubes in the shops. As to the mesh, it's a good suggestion but I'd rather have the cubes. If it's anything like chicken wire it'd be evil, painful stuff to work with..

Henriettaah

Cavy Slave
Well, its currently under construction, so I'll let you know how it goes! :p

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Screwfix - (broken link removed)

£12.99 for 9 squares or £22.99 for 18. Postage is £5.95. Not used them but it's another option at least.

Morgoth

Cavy Slave
I got my cubes from the eden shop today, took a week to deliver them. Just a warning to anyone considering buying them from this shop - they don't give you enough connectors to make a 2x4 cage! I had assumed they'd give you lots but no, much to my dismay there isn't enough and the cubes are currently tied together with cable ties. Don't know if standard spare connectors from other companies would fit them, eden shop don't say they sell the things seperately.

Very annoyed that the very same day I get these things I find the cubes are now being sold at argos! Grr..

Are the eden shop connectors the same as others, does anyone know?

KPIGGY

Cavy Slave
Argos are doing 24 grids and I think 26 connectors for £19.99

Delivery is £4.95 usually delivered in 2 working days.

muffin

Cavy Slave
KPIGGY said:
Argos are doing 24 grids and I think 26 connectors for £19.99

Delivery is £4.95 usually delivered in 2 working days.

That's who I got mine from, but I actually ordered them through the homebase website!

bromers

Cavy Slave
I got 27 connectors.

mcdermott1956

Cavy Slave
Argos

Argos sell chubes,they are in the storage section

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Morgoth - glad you got your cubes etc! How did your cage turn out?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.