PDA

View Full Version : Cage Guinea Pig Flooring

Candalalala
11-19-19, 04:05 pm
https://www.wish.com/product/non-slip-hollow-pet-mesh-pig-feet-mat-rabbit-guinea-cage-mat-nest-pad-5be69783965a411742fc6b80

So these are interesting. They arent wire flooring but they arent solid. Being on Instagram and following a bunch of small animal pages, I've seen quite a few people use these. I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about this type of flooring.

Kelsie
11-19-19, 04:45 pm
I don't know anything about these liners but they look like they could be a problem for a guinea pig's foot. There seems to be enough of a space that a toe could get caught and cause injury to the nail or even the foot. I myself wouldn't use them but then I am overly cautious about things. I'm sure others have used them without any issues.

spy9doc
11-20-19, 09:10 am
I don't know anything about these liners but they look like they could be a problem for a guinea pig's foot.

i totally agree. I wouldn't even consider using them for cavies.

Candalalala
11-20-19, 11:44 am
Thats what I was thinking. Apparently they are vet aproved in Brazil but thats the only thing I've heard. I feel like the toes getting stuck would be an issue :/ not to mention the fact its not solid and could cause bumblefoot.