Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Two story rabbit/guinea pig cage?

horsecrayz88

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I have a 69" X 40" guinea pig cage for my two male guineas and a makeshift cage for my rabbit. (a store bought cage connected to a "run" made out of grids) Well, I would think it would save a lot of room if I built a second story ontop of the guinea pig cage for the rabbit. (the same size as the guinea pig cage....with a floor and cloroplst over the bottom grids.) I would make a "door" on the top and bottom level so I could get things in and out easily.

Does this idea sound ok? What could I do to improve my thought before I go and buy some more grids? I want to make sure this would work out ok before I build it.

Thank you!:cheerful:
Mary

Edit: the level for my rabbit would be two grids high with a little platform on one side.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I know I have seen a guinea pig cage on top of a 2 story rabbit cage. I don't have a rabbit so i am not sure how they act in their cage but I would think it would be a better idea to put the rabbits on the bottom so the floor is taking the brunt of the movement instead of the gp cage below it.

horsecrayz88

Cavy Slave
Okay, good idea!

Thanks!
Mary

naturestee

Cavy Slave
Can I make a suggestion? Build a ramp so your rabbit can get in and out of the cage for playtime. I've found that this freedom creates less stress for both of us and generally makes the rabbit much, much more happy. Even if they're okay with being picked up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.