Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Back At It! [Returning PigMommy]

lcvecraftian

Cavy Slave
Hey guys! So, I used to be hugely into the forums back.. gosh over a decade ago. I haven't had any guinea pigs for roughly a decade but as of yesterday at midnight, two piggies fell into my lap.

I ended up adopting a customers guinea pigs, equipped with a cage and everything, and I decided to rejoin this delightful forum. I refer all of my customers here if they get guinea pigs, and even rats and rabbits.

I have a werewolf skinny pig, and a texel guinea pig. [Pictures to come when I'm not on break at work] And boy are they some skittish guys.

Since I haven't had piggies in forever, would anyone have any suggestions on how to help these boys feel safe and secure in my home? I got them lots of hidies, a fleece cozy for the skinny, but I notice they are incredibly skittish.

So I'd like to approach this as easily as possible once the 48 hours of leaving them alone is up.

Isaque

Cavy Slave
One thing i heard of is leaving something with sound turned on whenever you are gone! Like a TV or a computer with some music on (not too loud of course) to get them used to human like noises so they won't startle as easy when you move around. Other than that I can't think of anything that you don't probably already know! I wish you and the piggies best of luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.