Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the forum, not new to guinea pigs

Sparrow.

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in to introduce myself to this lovely community! I am not new to forums, but it is my first time in this one. I own two male guinea pigs, both are rescues and I love them both to bits. I've been taking care of my piggies for about 3 years now but made many mistakes at the start.... Store bought cage being the biggest of my mistakes. I now have a 2 X 6 C&C cage and I'm very happy with the space it gives. Honestly, I should have know better as I'm a strong advocate against keeping hamsters and mice in store bought cages, but I learned from my mistakes and want to make my babies lives as good as possible.

My guinea pigs names are Scott and Wily.

Scott is about 6 years old now and Wily is only about 7 months old. Before we got Wily, we had 3 more guinea pigs. Rudy, who passed away after a year of owning him, the vet doesn't know why and Westie and Charlie, who I fostered in my home until I was able to adopt a guinea pig, who was Wily at 5 weeks old.

Wily and Scott get on like a house on fire, they are inseparable but I'm aware that Scotty is quite old and so I would like to expand my herd before the inevitable happens. I don't want Wily to be left alone for any amount of time.

I think this is more or less the general rundown of my guinea pig experience. I hope to see you all around! :D

Sparrow.

Cavy Slave
My old man, Scotty:
4jcACRi.jpg

The baby, Wily:
P84Hprj.jpg

Fz4kSkB.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.