PDA

View Full Version : General C&C cage

Kayleighlauren
04-05-19, 05:15 pm
Hi
I bought a huge indoor cage for my two boars but after a few months they have shown signs of disliking each other ALOT, so I've put a partition down the middle of the cage but realised that there isn't enough room with just one side for each of them. So I'm interested in getting two C&C cages but I've no clue where to start and what I'd need to make one. Could anyone help by giving me a list of what I need to buy in order to make one? Thankyou

bpatters
04-05-19, 06:22 pm
Look at the Cages forum here -- there's a sticky on what you need, where to find it, and how to make them. And there are other good posts there as well.

The main page of this site is all about C&C cages.

You can also buy them cut and ready to assemble from https://www.guineapigmarket.com/.

How big is your current cage? If you got it from a pet store, it's almost guaranteed to be too small for two boars.

Kayleighlauren
04-06-19, 02:10 pm
Look at the Cages forum here -- there's a sticky on what you need, where to find it, and how to make them. And there are other good posts there as well.

You can also buy them cut and ready to assemble from https://www.guineapigmarket.com/.

How big is your current cage? If you got it from a pet store, it's almost guaranteed to be too small for two boars.

Thankyou so much!! And it was called a Rodger cage it has two shelves on either side with steps leading up to them but now Ive had to put a partition down the middle it's cut their ground space so I'm getting these so they have plenty of floor space.

Candalalala
04-06-19, 03:17 pm
what is a roger cage? Google is showing pretty small cages under that name.

You can buy grids from Amazon. Make sure the grids have 9x9 squares. Some of them are sold with 8x8 squares or less and guinea pigs can get stuck in those.
The coroplast can be bought online or if there’s a Home Depot where you live, they have it. I bought a huge 9x7 ft sheet. I was able to make a 2x3 cage with a 1x2 loft and a ramp and a 1x2 potty area. The sheet could have been used to make a 3x4 cage.
You’ll need a box cutter and a yard stick.
Go to YouTube for good instructions. Someone on there has probably posted a diy cage.

Kayleighlauren
04-06-19, 03:49 pm
what is a roger cage? Google is showing pretty small cages under that name.

You can buy grids from Amazon. Make sure the grids have 9x9 squares. Some of them are sold with 8x8 squares or less and guinea pigs can get stuck in those.
The coroplast can be bought online or if thereís a Home Depot where you live, they have it. I bought a huge 9x7 ft sheet. I was able to make a 2x3 cage with a 1x2 loft and a ramp and a 1x2 potty area. The sheet could have been used to make a 3x4 cage.
Youíll need a box cutter and a yard stick.
Go to YouTube for good instructions. Someone on there has probably posted a diy cage.

Thankyou very much candalalala I'll have a look!

and "bpatters" don't close my thread as that's rather rude! I put on another thread because I wanted to know if you could buy the whole bundle as a set as it doesn't show on the websites you provided so there was no need to be rude and close my thread when I'm only asking questions? Thankyou very much

Candalalala
04-06-19, 03:55 pm
(You can ask new questions on the same/original thread. It helps us know the context of new questions. It helps the website be organized and for people to better help you. There are rules against multiple posts by one person on the same topic. She wasn’t being rude, but was just enforcing a rule. It’s something to keep in mind when being a member on here.)
:)

Kayleighlauren
04-06-19, 04:42 pm
(You can ask new questions on the same/original thread. It helps us know the context of new questions. It helps the website be organized and for people to better help you. There are rules against multiple posts by one person on the same topic. She wasnít being rude, but was just enforcing a rule. Itís something to keep in mind when being a member on here.)
:)

Yes i know that but it would of been a lot nicer to explain the rules to me in my other thread instead of how she put things that's all:) I appreciate you letting me know

bpatters
04-06-19, 08:56 pm
I'm not being rude. I'm monitoring the forum, as I'm expected to do. I don't have unlimited amounts of time to chase down all posts involved, so I usually just close the one that shouldn't have been opened.

Kayleighlauren
04-07-19, 02:31 am
I'm not being rude. I'm monitoring the forum, as I'm expected to do. I don't have unlimited amounts of time to chase down all posts involved, so I usually just close the one that shouldn't have been opened.

All im saying is I didn't know the rules and you didn't say anything about the rules in the other thread, you just told me that you've closed it that's all and I was left here wondering why?

Samuel65
04-08-19, 12:32 pm

Hey)
Thank for link, just buy new cages)