Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finding Coroplast!!! Help!!!

ALIUUPE

Cavy Slave
Hi everybody! I am new here and a fairly new piggie owner. I have two boars, gus and eugene. Gus is a baby and Eugene is an older guy I got at the humane society. Ofcourse when I started looking on here and saw the cages I felt horrible about the little cage I bought for my two guys at the pet store. Ofcourse the pet store told me the cage would be fine for 2 piggies... Anyways...I have purchased the cubes and am having a really hard time finding coroplast! I looked on the find materials area and have called some places but no places close seem to have it for a reasonable amount of money. One place said they would charge me $97 per sheet!! So I need some help on suggestions or how you ended up finding some! My piggies need a new home quickly!! For today I have set up the cubes on the bathroom floor and moved their accessories in there to give them more room for now, hopefully I can find the coroplast soon!! Thanks!!:)

Cavyslavesteph

Cavy Slave
I know my mom just found some for my cage. I had the coroplast cut for a 2x5 and a 1x2 upper loft and the bill was $20 total. I don't know how close you are to Madison, but that's where I'm from. We just asked around at various sign shops. Also try real estate companies, and my mom works for a shipping department. They didn't have any at the time, but they do use it. You could locate one in your area and see if they might be throwing it away. At other places you may have to have it ordered for you, but you are right, it shouldn't cost $97! Anything over $30-$35 is questionable. Good luck.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Call sign shops and printing shops. Also some Home Depot's carry it.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Ask an art-savvy friend where they get their art supplies and check out the store, I found mine at Loomis.

Jessica

Cavy Slave
Our Home Depot didnt carry coroplast, they didnt even know what it was (i even described it and explained what it was) and I just called around to different sign places. Some places where charging $120 for a 8X4 and others around that price for much smaller, I finally found a place, Intermountain Signs, that carried it and it only costs me $14.00 for an 8X4 which is much better than $120! lol. Anyways, If you have an Intermountain Signs, they are good and then sometimes i beleive Alphagraphics carries just plain sheets but im not sure for how much. GOOD LUCK!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.