Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Timothy Hay will no longer be shipped to Australia

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
For everyone who buys Timothy hay from Pets paradise or any other chain I have some bad news.

No more timothy hay will be available here in Sydney or the entire state for that matter. I cant say for sure about other states but, just had news that the insurance company in Victoria will no longer insure the oxbow warehouse here in Australia. They had a fire a few weeks ago and since the hay is considered a fire hazzard it will no longer be shipped from the USA.

Only small amounts will be kept in the premises, and no bulk shipments will be made. So if you want timothy hay best to stock up now, as it wont be available anymore in a few weeks.

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
When we get timothy grass hay (more than half the time it is kindly donated!!), it's from a produce store and in a big bale - I've never brought those 1 lb bags, and never from Oxbow. It's a rip off and and I'd be supporting that horrible chain of petstore.

See my reply in the other thread you made and see if I can help! :)

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
thecarerescue said:
When we get timothy grass hay it's from a produce store and in a big bale - I've never brought those 1 lb bags, and never from Oxbow. It's a rip off and and I'd be supporting that horrible chain of petstore.

I do the same. I purchase a large bale for around $15, and this lasts for a long time.

It is called "meadow hay" or "grass hay" here in Australia.

I dont understand why people in Australia would be purchasing it from overseas, when there are plenty of local places which sell it home grown.

Matt

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.