PDA

View Full Version : Say What?/Guinea Pig Noises What does it mean if my guinea pig makes bubble noises?

topaz259
02-16-19, 06:14 pm
When my guinea pig is exploring during floor time, he makes little bubble noises. They're not as high or as loud as wheeking. Is there a special name for this, and what does it mean?

Guinea Pig Papa
02-16-19, 07:02 pm
My little man Punkin does the same thing. He's an incessant talker and makes that noise constantly every time he moves. My previous boy Pooper used to do the same thing, but much lower pitched and sometimes almost imperceptible.

It always meant to me, that they were content and inquisitive. I've never seen it as a distressed sound, more like just "talking to themselves". It's adorable.

spy9doc
02-16-19, 11:24 pm
It always meant to me, that they were content and inquisitive. I've never seen it as a distressed sound, more like just "talking to themselves". It's adorable.

I agree. My Sparky is an incessant talker and makes a "chut-chut" sound......as though he's muttering to himself.

LittleSqueakers
02-17-19, 09:38 am
I feel like my 2 Americans did this more than any of my other pigs. It seemed like it was always associated with them exploring a new area and foraging for food and was usually accompanied by popcorning.