Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New cage proposal!....already..

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Ok, last week I converted a big bookcase into a cage for my piggies (two boars), now I think that it isn't big enough (8sq ft) so here is the new cage proposal.

About 2 1/2 ft away from my bed is the wall, this is where their cage is now. I was thinking if I take their cage out, put gridding along the side of my bed so they can't get under there, and around the gap between the bed and my wardrobe, it will build a nice enclosure for them.
Total cage size will be 17 sq ft!
I have a feeling my pigs will be happy with that....

Just one thing though - I will have to start using fleece. Can you use layers of newspaper and fleece directly over carpet, as long as you clear it out regularly ( my pigs are litter trained so it shouldn't be too stinky).Otherwise it's going to cost me a fortune and correx is hard to find in the uk where I live.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
YOu might want to try something underneath the newspaper, maybe linolium, a shower curtain or a sheet. That way you won't have to worry about staining the carpet.

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I think Lino would probably be best since you can get it pretty cheap and I think it would last ages.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You will need something under the newspaper because the fleece will wick the moisture down into the newspaper and the carpet will get nasty rather quick. A large shower curtain or two or linoleum would help.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.