Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bored......

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
I am already bored with my cage I just built a couple weeks ago, it is a 4x5 but spilt into two, a 2x4 and a 3x4, does anyone have any ideas on what I can do. I do have 1x2 haylofts too.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the club! I've revised my girls' cage 4 times since adopting them at the end of July. I like my current L shaped cage but I want to extend the 2nd level by connecting them together. I looked through the galleries to get an idea of my cages.

Cavyslavesteph

Cavy Slave
Instead of changing the outside of the cage, maybe you could change the inside. You could get guinea pig safe decorations, new furniture, different toys to rotate around, etc. Looking for that would keep you busy and make your cage look different. I am currently working on a desert themed cage, and just looking for the decorations and furniture has kept me busy and excited about their cage, probably more than them, which makes me wonder, do we redo their cages more for them, or more for us?

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
I have revised my cage sooo much too. I started with a 2x4 with one pig, then I added a second level, then I got a Paige and took down the level, then they didn't like either so they each got only a 2x2, but then Cloe got into Paiges side so everything was alright, then I went to a 2x6 L divied with two haylofts then just a 2x6, then a 2x6 with one hayloft, then a 2x7 then with a 2x2 loft, then divided for Sammy wich was a 2x3 and a 2x4, then we got Ella and Jasmine so it went to a 5x4 divided, a 2x4 for Cloe and Paige and a 3x4 for Sammy Ella and Jasmine, then it got two 1x2 haylofts. l ol

DrkSilence13

Cavy Slave
guineapiglvr14 said:
I have revised my cage sooo much too. I started with a 2x4 with one pig, then I added a second level, then I got a Paige and took down the level, then they didn't like either so they each got only a 2x2, but then Cloe got into Paiges side so everything was alright, then I went to a 2x6 L divied with two haylofts then just a 2x6, then a 2x6 with one hayloft, then a 2x7 then with a 2x2 loft, then divided for Sammy wich was a 2x3 and a 2x4, then we got Ella and Jasmine so it went to a 5x4 divided, a 2x4 for Cloe and Paige and a 3x4 for Sammy Ella and Jasmine, then it got two 1x2 haylofts. l ol
wow....that was confusing just reading it. LoL. I'm just getting ready to make my first C&C cage (Bert is in a home-made cage right now). I'm building him a 2x4. I don't think I'll be able to ever change it...any more than adding a loft, because my mom will never let me. LoL.

Jessica

Cavy Slave
lol, to tell you the truth i get bored just designing the cage, I LOVE to design and make things, and I like them to make a BIG difference and these past couple of days I have been planning on remodeling and so I have sketches everywhere and I just love them until I go stand in the pig room and imagine it, then I want the cages bigger and better and more...fun.lol, i know i sound crazy, im still going to stick to the same design i came up with friday but i want them to be more exciting for the piggies! I know how ya feel. Try adding some obsticles like bridges, hidey places, things for them to run through, those hanging beds that ferrets like, just hang them lower, my pigs like things with bells on them, try adding wall paper to the outside coroplast, and decorations that the piggies cant get through, I was thinking about doing different themes for each cage like sunflowers, ranch type, etc. Anyways, sorry this is soooo long! GOOD LUCK!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.