Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Eyes/Non-crusty Red stuff in corner of guinea pig's eye

LemonySnickers

Cavy Slave
Hello! I have one guinea pig right now, a five-year old male named Snickers, and he has this reddish stain in the corner of his right eye. Now he's had this stain for a long time, but I didn't think it was a problem because he acted normally and didn't seem to have any vision issues from it. Now I'm feeling guilty because it sounds like it could've been from a hay-poke a while ago and I never got it properly treated. Anyways, I have no idea what it's from and lately it's been weeping a lot. The fur underneath his eye is wet and it seems like he squints it or closes it more often. I want to take him to the vet, but I want to know what advice you guys may have and if you've ever had similar experiences. Here's a picture:

20181029_132229.jpg

Attachments

20181029_092303.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If he's squinting, he's in pain. He needs a vet, ASAP.

LemonySnickers

Cavy Slave
Okay. I am working to get an appointment scheduled as soon as I can.

LemonySnickers

Cavy Slave
I took him to the vet last week and she said he looked healthy and that the stain in the corner of his eye was just pigmentation. I noticed a few days before I took him that his eye wasn't weeping at all and it didn't seem to be bothering him. I'm keeping an eye on it but I think it cleared itself up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.