PDA

View Full Version : problems with chewing?

Erynn
11-30-05, 12:37 pm
have any of you had problems with your piggies chewing oon the cubes. I set up a spot for floor time and she will not stop chewing on the cubes they are powder coated and she is making dints but I cannot make her stop and she has food water toys everthing but will not stop chewing any advice would be welcome thank you

stitsy&codyPig
11-30-05, 12:39 pm
My guinea pig chews on his cubes too! After awhile I am sure she will get stop chewing on them.

cavy-cool-crazy
12-01-05, 04:59 am
Mine chew on the cubes and coroplast. They tend to do it when they want food or attention, or if they are bored.

iLoveDusty
12-01-05, 06:17 am
Mine chew a little bit, but not much. Only at dinner time...

homeschoolmama
12-01-05, 08:49 am
Only one of our piggies does this... he does it when he feels he's been ignored, to get our attention.

ScottandDebbie
12-01-05, 09:10 am
Hi Erynn,

When you say cubes... are you referring to the grids?

Fizbit use to chew at the grids of his cage when he wanted to get to something outside of his cage. He actually took the paint off the grids in spots. We had to cover certain areas of his cage with hand towels, cause I was concerned that the paint/ metal would not be the best thing to be chewing on.

Fizbit has always been a rather hyper little guy. Not the normal mellow cavy that we think cavies to be.

Chewing on grids now has stopped.