Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Pig is afraid of fleece... wut?

Capt.JellyPants

Cavy Slave
This isn't my first pig rodeo, I've had many in the past since I was a young teenager. It's been a few years since I've had any though as I haven't been established enough to get another. Yesterday though this little one stole my heart and I took her home. She was a misfit all alone as she had been returned (yes yes I know I shouldn't have gone to the pet store in the first place) she apparently wasn't playing well with others in her new home and I hope to fix that in the future here and her a friend, but for now, I only have her.

HERE LAY THE PROBLEM...

Ideally I would be immediately into my sewing and making flippers and all that good stuff but... i hung some scrap fleece up in a corner to make her a little forest and SHE. IS. TERRIFIED. Of it.
Like, completely horrified. I took her out and put her in a play pen and on me with a fleece blanket and she is having none of it. ** Imagine the cats and the cucumbers**, that's what I have on my hands.

So, if she won't stand on the damn thing, what am I do to?! I can't live with bedding. I'll go crazy. Have we come up with a different textile solution in the 5 years I've been out of the game?!

Please help me.
Love, the nameless pig who is afraid of fabric.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My guess is that she'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Pigs are always skittish in a new situation. I'd skip the fleece forest for now and just use what's on the floor of the cage. Cover one end of the cage so she's sheltered from the house eagles, and move her food and water close to the entrance. Put her hidey underneath the shelter. And give her some time to adjust before you try the fleece forest again.

livichi7

Cavy Slave
my pigs were scared to fleece when i first introduced it in their cage. They got used to it, and I honestly think my piggies would flip out if i didn’t use fleece. Maybe you should not have the fleece forest as it may seem scary in an new situation. Make sure she has plenty of hideys!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.