Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Very nervous

i love piggies

Cavy Slave
I have had my piggies for a while now, and I have been so nervous about floor time they haven't really had any.
When I do put my piggies down I have to put up boxes etc to make a barrier, but I was always worried they would run away.
So I never had any fun with them:weepy:

So I went to Big W and brought a childs wadding pool. It's one with a metal frame and tarp liner. It cost $22 which is great.

Now I am no longer nervous about floor time because My piggies can't get away. Plus I was so happy to see them popcorning in thier new play area.

That was a good idea... I have aboslutley no where to let my guineas run except for a hall in my aptartment, and I have to put a blanket down because we don't have carpet (which I hate, oh so much... my feet get cold!) Did you let them out on your bed at all before? I used to do that, before I learned that guineas needed a large space to run in... but I had the right idea, because I was letting them run and play in the sheets. It is so great to see piggies popcorn because a) you know they're happy and b) it's so funny and cute! I'm glad you found an alternative. It's always a scary thought letting your pigs run around were there is no room or too many places to hide behind.

I piggy-proofed my bedroom and let them run free in it. I recently made a barrier out of cubes to go across by door, so that I can leave it open but they can't get out. The wading pool was a good idea. Very thoughtful.

cavy-cool-crazy I really like your idea of putting a barrier up so you can go in and out and leave the door open. I let my piggies run in the kitchen, dining room and living room but mostly the kitchen as it doesn't matter if they wee!:eek:

Since we have cats, dogs, and birds, it's sorta nerve-racking to have floor time. So, when we have floor time, we put the piggies (the males and femals seperated, of course!) in the bathroom. Its big, they can run around, we can play with them, plus, the tile makes it easy to clean-up if they have an accident.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.