Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Ivermectin in Ontario

pink_cottonball

Cavy Slave
I really need some help, we're do you get your ivermectin from in ontario for under 60$?? I need to treat my pigs for mites and could use a point in the right direction, thanks. :):confused:

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I just ordered some from ebay for $13. You can try that or try a pet medication website.

pink_cottonball

Cavy Slave
thanks, has anyone heard fo safegaurd?

YK Shepherd

Cavy Slave
I use Ivomac for heartworm prevention with my dogs and I get it off ebay for $49.99/50ml bottle. Will last likely 2-3 years for me. Sorry cannot help in any other way.

pink_cottonball

Cavy Slave
Thanks, we're just going to get Horsepaste. I know Safegaurd is toxic towards guinea pigs . :)

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Ivermecatin... I bought my tube... ugh for a 1500 pound horse for $17.99 at a feed store/tack shop. It's the paste type, but has to be dialuted. Where abouts in Ontario are you?

(I am also in Ontario)lol

YK Shepherd

Cavy Slave
Lyndsay said:
Ivermecatin... I bought my tube... ugh for a 1500 pound horse for $17.99 at a feed store/tack shop. It's the paste type, but has to be dialuted. Where abouts in Ontario are you?

(I am also in Ontario)lol

Be careful using the pastes because they tend to be not even with the meds because usually the horse gets the whole tube. So the active ingredients are not always evenly mixed in the tube.

I live east of Ottawa by about 40 mins.

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Oooh I know, I deffiantly have taken the time to read the guidelines for diluting Ivermecatin... lol I know that my rabbit only gets a pea sized amount, and I would be paranoid if I had to give the boys that stuff. I've never actaully had to use it on them, I have the Guinea Lynx page book marked on the dilution, and amount to give and everything. Ottawa area eh... well I'm far away from you thats forsure.

YK Shepherd

Cavy Slave
We do on occasion go to Sudbury and even as far as Sault Saint Marie, but not very often. The Sault is about 12 hours for us to drive to so along haul.

Yeah we use the Ivomac injectable for heartworm prevention with the dogs, and the horse wormer Panacur for tape worm. I know the dilution for them but for the small guys I have no idea. I am sure wriggly and funny bunny would be less then impressed anyway. It is so funny how they insist on their treat each night other wise there is no sleep for mommy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.