Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnant Guinea pig... Maybe?

GChambs20

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone, I need some quick help! I adopted this beautiful baby from Petsmart (I know TERRIBLE idea, my girlfriend and I saw her and decided that she needed us) We brought this baby into our lives thinking we had just got another male who can go in the cage with our other two males, WRONG. Soon we figure out that this baby, Acorn, is a female. We thought that she might be pregnant and separated them, she grew very fast for a week or two then stopped growing so now we are unsure of if she is pregnant or not. Please help!! GuineaPig4.jpgGuineaPig3.jpgGuineaPig1.jpg

Soecara

Cavy Slave
How long ago did you get her? Also keep in mind it is possible she may have already been pregnant when you got her (female guinea pigs become sexually mature at around 6 weeks old)

It is really only when guinea pigs are 6 weeks or more along in a pregnancy that you will be able to see signs of if she is pregnant or not. Have a read of this and see if any of the information is helpful https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...inea-pig-is-pregnant-And-how-far-along-is-she

As she is young and possibly pregnant it is very important for her to have some extra calcium in her diet, even if she is not pregnant she needs the calcium for her own bone growth. This calcium can come from either young guinea pig pellets, or alfalfa hay mixed in with her regular hay, or a high calcium vegetable added into her daily vegetables.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.