PDA

View Full Version : New Mama to Wilma Flintstone & Betty Rubble Need ideas.....

schpooko
12-30-17, 11:24 am
lol Hi, I am new to this website. I just joined last week. Recently my two other guinea pigs passed away. Ethel and Lucy. They were over five years old and the love of my life. So cuddly and loving. Lucy passed away and I got Betty to keep Ethel company but a few months after Lucy passed Ethel did the same on December 13th. So I then got Wilma right after. They are both still in quarantine and I am in the process of making a new cage for their new home here with our family. I do keep them downstairs because we have three dogs and there new cage does have a top so they are safe. I need to get a exercise pen for them. Or can I have some suggestions as to floor time. My girls take off running the minute there little legs hit the ground. So just putting them on the floor right off is not a good idea. Well, any ideas for this new but old Mom to two new guinea pigs will be welcome. Thanks....

Guinea Pig Papa
12-30-17, 11:37 am
Welcome to the forum!

First off , let me offer my sincerest condolences on the loss of Ethel and Lucy. Only fellow cavy parents understand how painful it is to lose one of the furry little creatures. They're very, very good at stealing your heart.

As far as floor time goes, I've attached a pen to my c and c cage, made out of more grids. My pigs (and I know most people can't do this) have about half of my living room, at 40 square feet. They have lots of room to run. I would try making a pen out of spare grids.

schpooko
12-30-17, 11:51 am
Thank you for your kindness. Can you give me some tips on getting them together for the first time?

Guinea Pig Papa
12-30-17, 02:18 pm
This is a great start:

http://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html